computer help again!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
sorry i know this is boring and taking up space on a very interesting offtopic today :o)ll :o)ll But ive just gotten my laptop fix, antivirus etc put on, It worked fine for one day. Now im getting this blue screen, also known as the blue screen of death. However when i searched how to fix it all the solutions involve getting passed this blue screen, however i cant get by it at all, Has anyone any ideas?
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
This happened me too but my cousin's husband fixed it as he was a Dell engineer. But no idea how he revived it, sorry!
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Sounds like a serious problem I'm afraid. Blue screen is never good!! Take it to a PC repair place as soon as you can.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
Will it start up at all - i.e can you turn it off and on again?? I got the blue screen on mine a couple of times but I could hold the off button down to turn it off and then could reboot again... it turned out to be new software I had installed that I had to remove...
gottabfp Posts: 5641
ya it will start up. I can only get into the thing were you press f2 or f12, it wont go any further.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
Sounds like something new that has been installed is corrupt or has corrupted a driver. I'm no expert, but I think you need to find out what this is and uninstall it. Possibly the new virus software that has been installed needs reinstalling?? Sorry, not much use...