Confirmation clashing with wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wexfordbell Posts: 1065
Just after finding out today h2b's nephews confirmation is the same day as the wedding!!!!! Not sure what mass time but the nephew is suposed to be an usher. The only option is to have our mass late and hope all the rest of the family go to the confirmation mass in the clothes they are wearing to the wedding.
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
Aren't confirmation masses around 10 or 11? If yours was at 2.30 and nearby, you would be fine. Only thing is, it will be a long day for some but I doubt if your nephew will be complaining, he will make a fortune with all the relatives :o0
Vanilla Tea Posts: 7
2 celebrations! There'll be great excitement and your nephew will be in his element!
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
Hopefully will be early and that it can be arranged for him to get photos done first and join up with the men them. Its just a hassle that wasnt needed!!!
Vanilla Tea Posts: 7
Its only a hassle if you let it be. Try and make the most of the situation. Maybe he could have his confirmation photos taken at your wedding? Good luck!
ms_tickles Posts: 490
Don't worry. It will be grand. Confirmations always seem to be at 11 so that should give you planty of time. Maybe after your reception dinner you could have a small cake brought out for him or soomething. It's my cousin's birthday on our wedding day and we're just going to mark it in some way. :wv
wannababba Posts: 1161
I agree with the others confirmation masses are usually on about 10 or 11 and all he has to do is change into his suit for your wedding and head straight to the church after having some photos done, plaus as the others girls said he'll be in his element with all his family there and the spondoolies :o0 :o0 :o0
shoegals Posts: 1640
Don't worry confirmation is normally over and all by 12.30 so you should have plenty of time to get him back and changed for your wedding. Don't sweat it, it will work out and maybe you could do something nice for him seeing as he has two big occasions on the one day!