confused about pregnacare plus

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cosy days Posts: 1014
Girls, ive been taking pregnacare plus the last couple of weeks and i just noticed yesterday that there is folic acid in them, ive also been taking clonfolic so stopped taking that today as i was taking a double dose. Is it ok to take folic acid after the 12 week mark, the doc told me to stop at 12 weeks, can it be harmful after this time?
Wife09 Posts: 873
A normal dose of folic acid would not be harmful after 12 weeks, your GP said this as its just that after 12 weeks taking extra folic acid makes no differnece in terms of baby developement . You should always consult your Cons or GP before taking vitamins/minerals/supplements in pregnancy.
thanks wife09, my consultant recommended i take the pregnacare, i was just unsure about the folic acid, thanks again for replying x
mtv Posts: 935
foilc acid not used by your body just leaves throught the urine.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Don't want to scare anyone but they currently think there's a possibility of been a link between women taking folic acid after 16 weeks of pg and the increase of children with asthma. I know they are continuely changing advice they are giving us.
thanks for that winterb2b, i have an appt at 14 weeks so i'll mention it then xx
seans missus Posts: 1381
Im still taking pregnacare plus and Im 20+ weeks. It says on the box that it can be used safely throughout pregnancy so I just continued using it.
garran9 Posts: 4401
[quote="seans missus":3ejgfibe]Im still taking pregnacare plus and Im 20+ weeks. It says on the box that it can be used safely throughout pregnancy so I just continued using it.[/quote:3ejgfibe] I am the same. I find it great :wv
PrincessLea Posts: 436
I've been taking it ever since I got my BFP, so do hope it won't give my child asthma! Did find that it turned my pee a nice glow in the dark colour for the first few months tho! :o0