confused over dating scan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

justwed09 Posts: 2349
hi all, just a bit confused over my scan i had a few weeks ago. maybe ye can enlighten me a bit! at my scan which was at 11 weeks = 4 days, the baby measured 13.6 cm and i was given my due date. last week i was at my gps for ante natal apt and he seemed to think i was abour 6 or 7 weeks further than the date i was given at the hospital scan. one of my friends got the same story with her gp & she was referred to another scan which was the other day and she is due 2 weeks before me but her baby measured 11 cm and she is now 17 weeks. the girl who did her scan said until week 24 all babies measure the same. is it possible the scan date could be wrong? i have another antenatal checkup on2 dec so might ask for another scan...
Tinytots Posts: 369
Hi Justwed, my scan was at 11 + 1 weeks and the doc told us bubs was measuring only 5 cm.
thanks tiny tots, just trying to figure all this out!! see i had two periods during july, 14 days apart but each only for 3/4 days, ive heard you can have them while pregnant at the beginning so my head is melted with it all!!! probably just a very big baby :o0
Nadie Posts: 1111
I'd ask for another dating scan as you say, otherwise your head will be wrecked! My GP wanted to go off my period dates, which would have me due two weeks earlier than I am, but I'm sticking with the dating scan date cos it makes more sense. Everything matches my dating scan date - felt movement in week 20, which would have been week 22 and kind of late if I'd gone with the GPs dates...so I'm basically trying to say don't mind the GP, stick with the date they gave you at your dating scan and try and get a second scan to make double sure.
Wild Child Posts: 1694
Hey Justwed I'm not suprised your confused I just checked my Eumom pregnancy diary and 13cm is the size of a 20week baby and if your only 11weeks I dont think them measurements could be right! In the diary it says around 4cm for 11weeks I had my dating scan at 11weeks and 3days and the baby measured 5.6cm and they moved my dates to 12weeks and 3days and my due date was moved forward a week! What is the due date the hospital are giving you???
wild child, they gave me 30 april, but consultant said 4 may (going public), im feeling strong flutters since early last week high up under my ribs on both sides. my friends say flutters shouldnt start til week 18 onwards. hubbies wants me to ring scan dept and ask for another but think gp has to do that? would it be worth me ringing gp and asking him to refer me rather than goin in again to hoim
Well I have had flutters for quite a few weeks but I knew what I was looking for it does sound like you might be further gone than they thought I doubt the hospital will make an appointment for you without a request from your consultant or your doctor.......probably best to ring and ask your doctor to ring them and see if he can get you a scan.....best of luck .....do let us know how you get on!
well girls, gp just rang me, well the lady doc there, she is sending a refferal tomorrow morning for a private scan, i'llhave to pay for it but i dont care, i should have it done by end of week all going well so i will know for sure then, cant wait!! she said the maternity wont give me another so soon after my last (4 weeks) ago. i dont know how my friend got another one last week shes going public too. anyway, i should know by end of week. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Thats brilliant Justwed do let us know how the scan goes!