Confused re. Dates

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Topolino Posts: 1659
I'm hoping some of you more knowledgeable Wollers might be able to clarify this for me. My doctor asked for the first date of my last period. He then gave me my due date. However, I know the date I conceived so I keyed that into an on-line pregnancy calculator and it's around the same time as the doctor said. What I don't understand is if I count the weeks from the actual conception date (which is the date I was ovulating), it makes me almost 2 weeks less pregnant than the doctor says I am. What am I missing? :thnk
Port Princess Posts: 1154
its 40wks from the 1st day of your last period but only abt 38 wks from wen u conceive :wv
Thanks for the reply Port Princess. The other 37 people who read this must be as confused as me! Anyway, I get what you're saying but if I count from the date of last period, I'm 15 weeks pregnant, but if I count from conception date I'm only 13 weeks pregnant. Which am I???
mammybean Posts: 10364
you are 15 weeks. you were working out the due date by the date of conception byt pregnancy is the 40 weeks starting the first day f last period. i am inly seing this now, i would have replied had i seen it :wv
Thanks Beanies girl, Thats what I originally thought but husband keeps telling me you can't be pregnant before you conceive, if you get me. You've cleared it up for me now! I've just explained it the way you said it to husband and he gets it now too - finally!!! :o0 :thnk p.s. Re. my comment about no-one replying. It just bothers me when someone has a question and you see loads of people have read it but not one person bothers replying. They can't all not know the answer. Or all the lurkers - loads of people are reading but why aren't they contributing?