Constant Headache

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

samcro Posts: 738
Girls I need your advise. I'm in a heap in work with this headache/migraine and no matter what i do it won't go away. I've had it since 11th March and today it's so bad I can't even look at the computer screen. I've been drinking a load if water, around 3ltrs every day, I'm getting out for walks and doing yoga am my eyes were checked only 5 months ago.. What is causing this constant headache?? I can't focus my eyes properly right now and I'm feeling sick with the pain of it. Paracetol are useless.. I rang my clinic and they'll get back to me later on today but that could be hours away :o( Is there anything I can do???
Littlepud Posts: 945
you can take paracetemol, they're completely safe. i suffer with bad headaches too. i only take the tablets when i feel like i'm gonna explode but it sounds like you definitely need it. even if it is just to take the major edge off
Ochre Posts: 877
Samcro, the only thing that strikes me is whether you've had your BP checked recently? I've a feeling that if it's high, this can result in headaches. You poor thing - can you leave work and go home?
[quote="Ochre ":2bx5ryu2]Samcro, the only thing that strikes me is whether you've had your BP checked recently? I've a feeling that if it's high, this can result in headaches. You poor thing - can you leave work and go home?[/quote:2bx5ryu2] I'm the only one in the office this week so not really :o( my bp was checked at my last hosp visit which was in Feb and it was fine.. Littlepud I've taken paracetamol but they dont work.
Littlepud Posts: 945
solpadeine is safe to take too according to the midwife i spoke to on the phone the night i had my worst migraine during the pregnancy but she only recommended taking them on occasion because the codeine can be addictive or something alone those lines. but ring your own hospital and speak to one of the midwifes and see can they recommend anything else for you. you could be a while waiting for your clinic to get back to you
[quote="littlepud":2jcybpod]solpadeine is safe to take too according to the midwife i spoke to on the phone the night i had my worst migraine during the pregnancy but she only recommended taking them on occasion because the codeine can be addictive or something alone those lines. but ring your own hospital and speak to one of the midwifes and see can they recommend anything else for you. you could be a while waiting for your clinic to get back to you[/quote:2jcybpod] Actually never thoughtof that, thanks I'll do that now :thnk
Excitedwife Posts: 1186
Samcro, I really feel for you. I suffered terribly in the first while with headaches, they are so debilitating. All I took was paracetamol some days. Drink lots of water and get air but other than that I didn't come up with anything that helped:( I hope it passes for you like it did with me. :wv
Duffers Posts: 1841
Sorry hun, for me it was dehydration and drinking water seems to help. I think you should so as the op suggested and get your BP checked. Are you sleeping ok?
Thanks for all your replies girls, just back from the doc now and she said everything is ok , bp is good, pee is clear :-8 and baby's heartbeat is perfect :ooh I hadn't a clue what she was doing as I've never seen or got that done before and when I heard the heartbeath I burst out crying :weep :o0 She says its just hormonal and will hopefully clear up in a couple of weeks :o( but said that on the really bad days to take solpadeine. I'm over the moon, she said that there's a mighty fine baby in there and by her just feeling around, she would say I was 18 weeks :ooh