Constipated (TMI sorry!)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Carmen Posts: 510
Im am quite constipated at the moment. Dont know if pregnancy causes this or if its diet related. Anyway what is best and safe to use to try and get things moving along again!
Nolongerwollie Posts: 2181
Hot water with a squeeze of lemon first thing in the morning! HTH!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Hot water on its own will do the trick too. Linseeds (get them in the chemist or supermarket) sprinkled on cereal or yoghurt are magic! Juicy oranges, prunes, prune juice are all great. Drink loads of water and cut down on tea and coffee. (oh and my granny always recommended skipping to get things moving :o)ll )
deem Posts: 710
if your trying these and things not moving, try a whole grain brown bread, O Donoghues make one that works for me, just take it easy as you can have too much of a good thing, if you get my drift, if your not into brown bread, try porraige, bran flakes etc Hopefully you'll find something that works for you. I think every one is different.
shocked22 Posts: 511
Carmen, You bet me to it!! I have been the exact same for the last few days. So invested in prune juice last night (not very tasty!!), had all bran with linseed sprinkled on it and had a fybogel that I conned my fmil into giving me!!! Lo and behold one of these worked in the last few mins...TMI I know!!! It's such a relief!!! Apparently a good walk helps too!! Hope this is of some help to you.
Plenty of tips there girls so thanks a million. Havent really been drinking any tea or coffee lately because i just dont have a taste for it so at least thats one thing im doing right. Had some wholemeal bread for tea break but will get some of the linseeds and other bits on my way home. Might try a cup of hot water at my desk now and see what happens! Does pregnany itself cause constipation?
pattie Posts: 2379
Try making yourself a couple of smoothies in the day, I find them great. One cup of tea first thing in the morning is good too, but not if you can't stomach it at the moment of course. And branflakes with loads of milk.
Hepburn Posts: 4081
1 cup of coffee does it for me....doesn't have to be strong. Can be of the weak, instant variety. It never fails and works very quickly.
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Shocked22 - I was on fybogel before I got pregnant to treat the symptoms of IBS - and my doctor told me to stop taking it straight away so just check if its safe to be taking. best to try natural remedies instead just to be on the safe side. HTH MrsNoc
Coffee would always work before i was pregnant but i just couldnt face it. I dont think it would make me sick but the thoughts of it just arent appealing. Might try the smoothies too. I love them especially with some fresh strawberries and its a good way to get your 5 a day. Shocked 22 glad to hear things are on the right track for you!!