Constipation

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Neen Posts: 132
hi girls, just wondering if anyone can help,i am only 5 weeks gone but am suffering with constipation (suffer with this one and off for years), im eating bran flakes and drinking OJ and loads of water but no luck. Does anyone know what i can take for this?? :o(
Barbalou Posts: 1617
Fibrogel is great and Ok to take while pregnant
Neen Posts: 132
thanks a mill
mama2E Posts: 670
Neen maybe try a cup of cooled boiled water. always works for me. Hope you get some relief soon! :thnk
LoloOct08 Posts: 343
Have to second Fybogel - I was killed with constipation in the early weeks! You take it in OJ and within a few hours you'll be sorted. :-) It doesn't taste great but WELL worth it :o)ll You'll feel 100% better.
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
I've been getting it really bad since getting pregnant. Now I know that "technically" I shouldn't be recommending this but I find that if I have 2 cups of coffee a day I'm fine :-8 I had given up coffee completely (trying to be good) but then was constipated for maybe 1 - 1.5 weeks at a time so i had to weigh up the benefits -v- risks and I'm sorry but I REALLY needed to poo :-8 Plus I think that 2 cups a day should be ok????? Please God.
StayShiny Posts: 1078
I too suffer from this for ages now ... and tah dah .. prune juice is all I needed. Doc recommended it. and I drink a glass at night before bed and all good :) Kelkin Prune Juice is the one I take Now I love the taste too. weird eh
madhatter Posts: 212
Start eating all bran for breakfast with a banana sliced on top and that will solve the problem. Or you can use prunes if you like them instead of the banana...
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
hey neen, I was taking the fybogel for ages but sorry TMI but it wasn't making it any easier to push out!!! :-8 So I said this to my GP last week and he told me to take laxose 3 times a day. I have been taking it for about 5 days now and it seems to be working. HTH