Consultation Fee - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Twinkle toe Posts: 1025
Myrtle Ivory were supposed to be starting to charge too - anyone know if they are? I have heard that the man in Town Bridal is very good if you are not quite sure.
cupcak Posts: 125
I was in Mrytle Ivory a few weeks ago and they werent charging! Ophelia in Drogheda is good for telling you what suits you - Aoife there knows what she is talking about!!
Bridester Posts: 920
[quote="sl2bwed":23d33eoy]I was in Mrytle Ivory a few weeks ago and they werent charging! Ophelia in Drogheda is good for telling you what suits you - Aoife there knows what she is talking about!![/quote:23d33eoy] Very interesting - they had it up on their website at one stage that they were starting charging in November 2011 - must not have worked out for them (or perhaps they didn't go ahead with it).
cupcak Posts: 125
Really, well they didn't mention it at all to me or a friend of mine who was in a few weeks before me! Definately worth a look in there, though beware the dresses are filthy!!
excitedbride2013 Posts: 205
She was offering 50euro back off the dress if I bought there alright. But I think you have all confirmed for me that a customer shouldn't have to pay that fee... Thanks for the tips on other places to go, I'll look at those places instead... I'm sure they'll be good enough to get what I want and you're right, i will get a good idea eventually of what suits me haha!
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
[quote="sl2bwed":1c1kocxx]I was in Mrytle Ivory a few weeks ago and they werent charging! Ophelia in Drogheda is good for telling you what suits you - Aoife there knows what she is talking about!![/quote:1c1kocxx] +1 Aoife in Ophelia is excellent...
jordan13 Posts: 71
I Cant believe this!!! I was in dinagh modes last month and wasnt charged a fee! I have to say it is by far the best shop ive been to and it is a consultation more so than just trying dresses on.. Ive been to 2 other bridal store where they give me every style of dress imaginable and tell me there all gorgeous eventhough i know there not! Pamela took one look at me & knew what style of dress would suit. I have 2 more app's before going back to her for another app in July. I better not be charged a consultation fee or il scream!
bondijunction Posts: 805
Ya I'm not suprised. She is brilliant and I'd say she gets people coming from all over and then ordering online. Must be very frustrating. I doubt if I went back again I would be charged as I was already there before she brought this in?
SpillingMoonbeams Posts: 140
Not a chance would I have paid a fee to try on dresses. I went to at least 6 shops! Some shops were better than others for discussing shape etc. Berketex in particular were very helpful as the first shop I tried and yes, looking at it one way I wasted the girl's time for two hours trying on dresses and not buying one but on the other I was impressed with the service so went back to buy my bridesmaids' dresses there.
excitedbride2013 Posts: 205
[quote="jordan13":111qocc3]I Cant believe this!!! I was in dinagh modes last month and wasnt charged a fee! I have to say it is by far the best shop ive been to and it is a consultation more so than just trying dresses on.. Ive been to 2 other bridal store where they give me every style of dress imaginable and tell me there all gorgeous eventhough i know there not! Pamela took one look at me & knew what style of dress would suit. I have 2 more app's before going back to her for another app in July. I better not be charged a consultation fee or il scream![/quote:111qocc3] The fee is coming in in july so maybe you should check?? If you had to pay for the fee the first time would you have gone (given how happy you were with her)