Consumer advice!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlelulu Posts: 515
Just wondering if anyone can help me :) I bought an item from a company on credit and when it arrived it was faulty. The company advised that I send it back via a certain courier. I did this two months ago but the item cannot be found now. The tracking number that the courier company gave is missing a digit and the item cannot be tracked without it. The company I bought the item from cannot do anything until they have the full tracking number. I didn't pay for the item because it was bought on credit and i sent it back almost straight away so my account should have just been cleared. However, because it has not been returned, I still owe the money and there is interst accumulating on my account. Needless to say there have been several emails back and forth and two months later no progress has been made at all on their part. The last email was sent over 48 hours ago and we have not received a response. They answered faster before. Very very p****d off at this stage so just wondering what we should do next. Any advice at all? Thanks :)
Vintage Darling Posts: 430
Do you have anything from the courier company confirming that the item was gievn to them other than the tracking number? Even if you only have a partial tracking number the courier company should be able to find the item by checking where it was collected from and cross-checking that against tracking numbers. I wouldn't let it go though and I wouldn't pay it or the interest for it. You did as you were asked to do by the company and the courier they recommend has misplaced your item so it shoudl be their responsibility to find it.
Hi, we asked if we needed a receipt when picked up and they said no that it was scanned into the system. I have the order number, date of pick up and the label number and yet they still can't sort it out. Surely its not that difficult considering I have those details. I have no intention of paying it but don't want bills etc coming from the company I bought the item from. What would you recommend I do next? First and last time sending anything by courier! Such an outrageous service and way to deal with a customer. I will be asking for my money back for the courier too.
Send an email to both the courier company and copy in the supplier of the giving all the details you listed below. I would copy in management of the courier company if you have a contact for them as sometimes things move along quicker if you get someone higher up involved. I would also make a complaint to management in the supplier company about the handling of your situation by a company they told you to use - this may help get a response. I just checked the citizens' advice page regarding the supply of services and this is what it says: [b:2bs3ehyr]What to do if things go wrong[/b:2bs3ehyr] If things go wrong it is always the service supplier who should put things right. As a general rule, the service supplier can repair or replace the service. Alternatively they can refund the costs of the service to the consumer. If you are not satisfied with the quality of goods or services you should •Act as soon as you can – a delay can indicate that you have accepted faulty services •Do not attempt to repair what went wrong yourself or give it to anyone else to repair it •Make sure that you have a proof of purchase (a receipt, cheque stub, credit card statement or invoice) •Keep all evidence of damage caused by shoddy work – take photos etc It might worth contacting them and seeing if they could give you any further advice?
Thanks a mil. We were just saying we would email higher up. If all else fails we still have Joe Duffy haha
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
You could try the European Consumer Centre. They are very good in offering advice on how to handle a situation. They are based in Dublin so you could call them or the time I had to use them, they replied to my email really quickly.
Thanks :) I decided today that I'm going to write to both at 5pm tomorrow and tell them both where to go! Afterall, I haven't paid anything and i'm not going to, so its their loss not mine! Both are being as awkward as the other. I will just keep all of my correspondance to them and there minimal correspondance to me should they take it further looking for the money. I will be informing them that I am closing my account too and they can fight amongst themselves for the money! NEVER AGAIN!!!!! O:|
wollysocks Posts: 1773
[quote="Vintage Darling":vowlb13s] I wouldn't let it go though and I wouldn't pay it or the interest for it. You did as you were asked to do by the company and the courier they recommend has misplaced your item so it shoudl be their responsibility to find it.[/quote:vowlb13s] Totally agree. The company needs to take up this issue with the courier company they use.
Any response from them yet littlelulu?
[quote="Vintage Darling":2m686ntj]Any response from them yet littlelulu?[/quote:2m686ntj] Nope! Very very bad service!! How unprofessional of them not to even answer the email.