Consumer Rights

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I bought my wedding shoes and paid €90 for them, but when I tried them with my dress the colour is all wrong, they are ivory and dress is champagne colour. MY mum went into the shop where we got them and they said they don't exchange bridal shoes. It's such a waste, they won't even give me a credit note or let me pick out different shoes. Does anyone know if they are allowed to do this? Just seems like such a waste of money because I know i'll never where them. [img:24d1xos6]http://www.1stcallforweddings.co.uk/acatalog/melody.gif[/img:24d1xos6]
mad woman Posts: 22106
sorry to tell you, but they are perfectly within their rights, they only have to give you a refund if the product is damaged. there should be something on this website. www.oasis.gov.ie
Mrs Peg Bundy Posts: 2515
A lot of places will give you a credit note as a gesture of good will and good business procedure, even though they're under no obligation to exchange. Maybe you could get the shoes dyed Goodwisa. McCabes in Dun Laoghaire are very quick. Otherwise, any bridal shoe shop should be able to arrange this for you. It take approx 5-6 weeks as the shoes seem to be sent to somewhere like Rainbow to get them done. That's where McCabes send theirs.