Contact lens

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NemoFish Posts: 2501
Has anyone got any tips for not blinking when putting them in. I am having alot of trouble! Have been holding my eyelids open, but still cannot get them in.
sweet cheeks Posts: 1119
just look up and focus on a point on the ceiling and pull down your eye with one hand and insert with other hand-it takes getting use to but once u get the hang out it your flying. practise lots that what i use to do.
So I don't hold my top eyelid?
x_x Posts: 1823
I used do this too when I got lens first....I got into a habit of "routine" if you like for putting them in and I never strayed from it..... So standing in front of a mirror, I have dailies so they are in the little solution....so if I'm putting one in the left eye, I take the contact lens for the left eye and have it ready to go on the tip of my left index finger....I bring my right arm up and over my head and with my two middle fingers of my right hand I hold the eyelashes of my top eyelid (left) open and then looking slightly towards the ceiling, I pop in the lens with my left finger.... Bingo Bango.....same with the right eye....sorted!
Buggser thats what they showed me to do in specsavers. Except I keep blinking, or closing my eye on it, or knocking it off my eyelash and turning it inside out! I think that I'm not getting my open wide enough or something.
seashelly, try not to hold your top eye lid. forget about it just focus looking up and your eyelip will go up, pull down just under your bottom eyelashes and pop in - dont even think about doing it. Once in close eye, then open and look up,down, over, back. Specsavers had me trying other ways and i couldn't do it, i kept blinking cause i was afraid. But i find this way suits me, hope it works for you.
So do I put em onto the white of my eye or the other part?
Just look up and pop in, dont even worry about what part. Once there in and you look around they fix themselves.
Milly83 Posts: 3620
With your left hand, hold your eyelashes up and open against the top of your eye socket. With your right hand, drag down the bottom of your eye, drag down with your middle finger and have the contact on your index finger. Look straight ahead into the mirror and don't look at the contact coming at you. Then, touch your eye with the contact and leave it there for a couple of seconds. Then blink really fast to keep it in. I would try practicing touching your eyes without the contacts to get used to that. Good luck! If you don't get it, go back to the opticians because if you can't get them in, it's harder to get them out!
pamela123 Posts: 76
I had the same problem thought Id never get the hang of it I foud focusing on an item on my dressing table helped.