Contact Lenses

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wifey-Pooh Posts: 2125
Which site do people get their lenses from? There are quite a few out there, I just need to know which is the best one. Thanks!
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
I go to Specsavers. You're better off getting them from an optician I think because you need to get your eyes checked quite regularly when wearing contacts
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I agree with Hairy Molly, your eyes are so important i wouldnt trust a site, i get my eyes checked regularly when getting my contacts. Go to Specsavers, they are good value. €1 a day for disposable ones.
MrsHappy* Posts: 2496
Definitely go to an optician, you eyesight is way too important.
clucky Posts: 26471
go to specsavers first then when you know your prescription go to specsaversdirect.ie its dead easy
baby2010 Posts: 908
I go to Specsavers too. Was actually there last night for a check up...thank God too cos I've to go on special drops cos I've got "dry patches" and I can't wear the lenses while on the drops. I considered getting them from VHI site but then you're stuck as to where you get them checked.
Wifey-Pooh Posts: 2125
I've had all the checks done and that....was just wondering about the reputation of certain sites. Am on specsavers.ie right now Lucky - just thought of them! Will stick with them I think as they have all my information etc.
boobies Posts: 1625
WPooh, There is also a website which is advertised on Pigsback.com called getlenses.com and if you purchase them through pigsback you get 30% off. hth :compress Here's the website:
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
I know the vhi have lenses available from their site, don't know if you need to be a member though. Wouldn't touch specsavers with a barge pole O:| Was with them a while ago and I wear monthly lenses and I put the new pair in and it was just irritating me all day so when I took them out that night put the oul glasses on in case there was a small tear on them and discovered there was a tiny little hole right in the centre of them O:| Specsavers made out I had put the hole in them !
Smugmarried Posts: 705
[quote:2xwb3hdr]I know the vhi have lenses available from their site, don't know if you need to be a member though. Wouldn't touch specsavers with a barge pole O:| Was with them a while ago and I wear monthly lenses and I put the new pair in and it was just irritating me all day so when I took them out that night put the oul glasses on in case there was a small tear on them and discovered there was a tiny little hole right in the centre of them O:| Specsavers made out I had put the hole in them ![/quote:2xwb3hdr] Maybe you did put the hole in them. It's very easy to do with soft contact lenses. I get my contacts from Specsavers and don't bother with their website. It's as easy for me to just ring them up and order another 3 months supply of daily contacts and then collect them whenever I'm in the town.