Contessa Hotel Zakynthos

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Pretty sure I was there, but it was 8/9 years ago, so I don't know how useful my memory is! It was perfectly fine, clean, safe, about 15mins walk from the strip as far as I remember. Enjoy your holiday :o)ll
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Yeah, I know what you mean. When we went, it was a last minute package with Budget Travel/Falcon/other major travel agent, so we presumed it'd be a fairly ok minimum standard, and it was. And sure if it was getting decent reviews on Trip Advisor, hopefully it's reliable enough.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
SorrentoWife are you booking a package or flights and hotel seperate?? Thinking of going to Zakynthos in Sept but not sure about direct flights etc....
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
Sunny K - you are usually better value wise to go on a package holiday (rather than independently with flight and your own accomomdation) to Greece especailly if you only want to go for a week. The direct flights can be very expensive as they are charter flights. Last year, we went for 2 weeks in September and paid 525e for flight and accomomdation package. To book just the flight alone was 429e! We have almost always found this to be the case in over 20 years going to Greece.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Thanks galwaygirl2010...I'm looking at a package to a hotel in Kalamaki which looks quite nice...is it a lively enough area? Haven't even been to Greece so have no idea where to even start!
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
Kalamaki has a good number of bars and restaurants, but is not a party resort (Laganas down the road is the party resort). There is (or was last time I was there) 1 small niteclub, but nitelife is centered around the bars. Many of which show sports, English tv (yes, you can get your fix of Eastenders and the other soaps!) There will be table quizs and live music. Some placrs even show films that are only in the cinemas here now. So there is a good mix for everyone. If you are thinking of going in September - go earlier in the month, as things start to slow down / close after the 3rd week. If you think it might be too quite for you, Tsilivi is a livlier resort (very popular with the British)