Contractions for 12hs now nothing.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wannabamama Posts: 481
Oh girls, looking for some advice here. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I'm 39 weeks. Yesterday morning I had a show, followed closely by contractions starting. Started off not very often about 15-20 mins apart lasting about 40 secs. Built up over the day to about 10-15 mins apart lasting 45-60 secs. Anyway had this all day, went to bed last night and everything stopped. Got up this morning and nothing. This is a new one on me, normally once contractions start I'm at the hospital about 4 hours later pushing. Both my last two came at 38 weeks. Just to add I had a serious amount of pressure yesterday too. I know this has happened to others, my question is did labour start soon after? When did it start within hours or days? I feel like I'm in total limbo.
tilsun Posts: 4506
The same happened to me. Went away for about6 hours then came back but light and irregular for another few hrs. Once they got to every 5 min lasting a min I went to hospital, DS was with us around an he after we got to hospital. Best of luck
theoracle Posts: 7664
On dd3 I had los of false alarms, went to hospital twice thinking I was in labour but it was just a tease. Once it was going for real it did feel different. Labour no 3 was incidentally longer than teh second (but much shorter than the first), so you never know what is ahead of you. All the best.
Thanks for the replies girls. No contractions today, but the pressure I'm feeling is unreal, I can hardly walk. Hopefully something will happen soon, I've been reading about other people who had a similar experience and third and subsequent births seem to be a bit like this sometimes.
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Wishing you all the best with babs, I'm hoping from your lack of posts today you are in the hospital lol :stork: :stork: :stork:
I[quote="babydust2012"]Wishing you all the best with babs, I'm hoping from your lack of posts today you are in the hospital lol :stork: :stork: :stork:[/quo Oh I wish, I'm still here. Still having pains on and off and I'm under a lot of pressure I can barely walk. I had an appointment with the midwife this morning and she said I will probably go very soon, but as to when that is a mystery. I'm getting very fed up. O:|
mamajen Posts: 2263
I feel for you, 40 + 5 here and keep being told it will happen soon!!
Thanks Mamajen, I should not be moaning, I'm not over due yet. In my mind I'm overdue as my girls were two weeks early. I'm just stressing a lit as DD1 starts school on 27th August and I really want to be there for her. I was hoping for a few weeks to get into a routine of sorts with baby and be able to do a few things with DD1 & DD2 with what's left of our so called Summer. At the end of the day its all out of my control so I just gotta sit back and suck it up.
mamajen Posts: 2263
Easier said than done though wannabamama!
My little man arrived last night. He is adorable and well worth the wait. He arrived very quickly and I think we were both in shock. He arrived within 25 mins of reaching the hospital.