Cooked Goats Cheese?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daff Posts: 11644
Just wondering if it's ok to have Goat's cheese once it's been cooked? We're going to the in law's over new years for dinner and MIL said to me today 'oh you're not pregnant this year, I can cook you a goat's cheese tartlet' O:| Then I mentioned it to a friend who knows and she says surely once it's been cooked that it would kill the bacteria and be ok to eat? really don't want to tell the in laws beforehand cause we are thinking of saying it at this family dinner, and TBH I wouldn't feel comfortable saying it any earlier. any advice?
mamabelle Posts: 1101
It's ok if it's cooked to steaming hot...which it may not be on a tartlet. But you could always zap it in the micro if in doubt. Also some brands of goat's cheese are pasteurised so I think they're ok to use. Easy to get around in your own house but not as a visitor....
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
From what I know the only goats cheese that you cannot eat is the one that has a white rind on the outside. [url:2byh27i9]http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/nutrition/foodsafety/cheeseexpert/[/url:2byh27i9] HTH :wv