Cooking experts!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mari yay Posts: 4045
Cooking experts: Is bicarbonate of soda the same of baking powder?? Have a cake sale at work this week so am off to do the shopping
HippyChic Posts: 1812
Although they do mostly the same thing they aren't interchangeable. If you need both you may get both. Sorry :)
[quote="HippyChic":2dlyy8go]Although they do mostly the same thing they aren't interchangeable. If you need both you may get both. Sorry :)[/quote:2dlyy8go] Thanks I thought so just said I'd double check...thank god you're online!!
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Baking powder often contains bicarbonate of soda, but it also contains other raising agents. Bicarbonate of soda is a raising agent too, but they each work differently and have different dosages. Definitely pick up both, just to be sure to be sure. Can I have some cake for being sooooo helpful? :innocent:
[quote="cabbagehead":1ngoulnn] Definitely pick up both, just to be sure to be sure. Can I have some cake for being sooooo helpful? :innocent:[/quote:1ngoulnn] Yes of course, chocolate guiness cake trial run today if you're interested!
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Woah! Yes please!! Happy baking missus :thnk
It's in the oven and god it smells so gooooood!!