Coombe Visiting hours for fathers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Garfield Posts: 89
Just wondering if anyone knows the visiting hours for fathers in the coombe? can they come in at any time? a neighbour told me at the weekend that no one even fathers are allowed visit before 5.30?
clucky Posts: 26471
fathers are allowed any time execept meals and they have to be gone by 10 pm
Thats great thanks for that!
mad woman Posts: 22106
do they do that special "visitors" pass like the rotunda>?
Sassy Posts: 2269
I don't know about the Coombe but Holles street have changed their visiting hours and i know they are doing the special pass thing.
bellabella Posts: 2750
A friend of mine was telling me that the hospitals have to be very strict about visiting hours in maternity hospitals because non-nationals were abusing the hospitals.The fathers would drop all the kids off in the maternity ward and go off and then collect them in the evening.Maybe they cannot get child minders ,oh I don't know.Now i am rambling sorry
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
i heard that about the coombe aswell bella - they're very strict - the security guys come around and literally chuck u out! holles street didn't see to be as strict, i was there last week until a good bit past the visiting and nobody came around. i know it's because the mums need to rest but i'd hate not having my dh there.
I have to agree with Mrs Peg i would hate if dh could only come in after 5.30!! In the coombe magazine which you get at your first ppointment with midwife it says something about one person being appoointed for a special pass and they can visit any time so hopefully that is the policy.
HappyGirl Posts: 113
[color=indigo:5oe9lp5u]Hi My friend was there a few weeks ago and there was a very strict visiting policy, and no special treatment for the father. The security guard did literally throw people out. Think he was allowed there for a few hours in the morning, then had to leave for most of the afternoon, around 2 I think, then could visit from 5:30 to 8:30 I think, like everyone else, but strictly no later. Apparently they claim it's better for the mothers. HG [/color:5oe9lp5u]
HappyGirl Posts: 113
[color=indigo:1xc7iw5e]Actually I could be wrong about the morning visit, but I'm almost sure she said he was allowed in for a little while in the mornings.[/color:1xc7iw5e]