cork band for 1,000 euro, am i mad?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*coolaboola* Posts: 374
does anyone know of a good wedding band in cork that could perform for our max budget of 1,000 euro? am i mad to be trying to work with this budget? it feels like a lot of money to me, for what is essentially 2 hours work! help! O:|
mrsdamcl Posts: 155
I'd be delighted with 1000 euro, ours is going to be 2000 euro also for two hours work! maybe things are just more expensive this end of the country but if I was getting a decent band for a grand id be over the moon. nobody quoted me less than 1600 and the one that quoted me that was a one man show. (i dont think so)
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
i got a quote of €1600 from a 2 piece band but that included them doing the DJ after.. so that was a good deal, we decided not to go with them as my heart had been set on another band, but they are very good, they played for a cousin of my DP's wedding and were first choice for mine until i saw another, albeit, more expensive band!! i will say, money invested in the band is money well spent, i think we have all been to weddings where the band was dismal, which kills the party atmosphere, when we went through our budget, it was the only area, both dp and i agreed that it shouldn't decrease. if you get a band for any price, get as much feedback as possible, and even ask here!! also ask them if they are playing any weddings soon, and pop along to listen. it seems quite common place these days!!
thebrideof2009 Posts: 1416
im paying 2000 for band for three hours and paying 350 for dj
panda_bear Posts: 342
We decided to cut out the band and just booked a DJ for the whole night. €500 for 5ish hours.
thanks! :wv
jogrady09 Posts: 143
i'm also in cork the cheapest quote i got for a band was 1600 for two hours so we cut the band out and just have a dj for the nite 450 from after the meal till late i personally couldn't justify spening that much on a band but thats just my opinion :wv
Gidz Posts: 290
dp
I forgot to say, we're getting married on a Thursday, so I'd hoped for a weekday discount...
Twirler Posts: 1644
€1000 is really good! The cheapest I saw when we were looking was about €1500