Cork Brides - Shoes question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ditzypixie Posts: 1397
Hey girls, Where do I even start looking for shoes? Got my dress in Dublin in a shop that doesn't do wedding shoes so will be getting them prob in Cork. Do most of the dress shops do shoes and I can just go into them or do I have to make an appointment? Was trying to find something non-weddingy per se but something I could wear again but have had no luck with that. 4 months to the wedding so need to get cracking! Thanks!
shiversmoy Posts: 635
I just got the Next Directory catelogue for the summer and they have some gorgeous bridal shoes in it.. Debenhams have some nice ones at the moment aswell and they stock Faith which also has a lovely selection. Hope this helps :o)ll
bubbles09 Posts: 327
i saw a GORGEOUS pair of pale gold sandals in faith the last time i passed through ... think i'm going to get sandals and not traditional wedding shoes, 'cos at least i'd wear them again ... really should pick the dress before the sandals though!!! ... :wv
Thanks girls, I'll check out Faith and Next. Any more ideas????
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
Got my shoes in Bride2B in Mallow, they stock the Pink! brand. Have a look at their website, they have some really nice shoes and they are so so comfortable, they're padded in the soles and around the back of the heel. Didn't want to spend the €89 on a pair of white shoes I'd never again wear, but then someone pointed out that they can be dyed afterwards so I plan on dying them royal blue and getting loads of wear out of them. Would definitely second Next though, saw lovely bridal shoes in there over the years, but just not when I was getting married obviously! And if you are able to wear big heels New Look might be worth a look, they have some fab shoes. Best of luck :wv
fossy Posts: 59
i bought my shoes in barretts this weekend...they have a good selection and very reasonable 60E :o)ll
blondiee Posts: 771
Have you tried Carl Scarpa, they have nice shoes, not necess weddingyyyy but defo worth a look
scatterbrain Posts: 373
hey! I am just back from mahon point and bought my weding shoes in next. They were only 37 euro and are so comfy! I find it soooooooooo hard to walk in heels but these are no bother. they have a good selection and definitly worth a look! :wv
Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I will check them all out!! :thnk :thnk
Bun in the oven Posts: 169
I got my Benjamin Adams shoes in Dublin but the list of stockist in Cork is below .... Check them out ... the shoes aren't too cheap but some of them can be dyed after the wedding so you'd defo wear them again for another special occassion ... like washing the dishes, making the bed :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 ..... I love my shoes !!!!!! http://www.paradoxlondon.com/BenjaminAd ... e/Cork.htm