Cork Registrar needed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hel Bullock Posts: 61
Hey guys While looking at venues one mentioned a local guy out Blarney direction who used to be a priest and now does HSE registrar weddings. Does anyone have a name and number for this guy? The hotel in question won't tell me who he is as I didn't book the wedding with them in the end.... Anyone able to help? I love the idea of someone doing the civil ceremony with something a little different included. Hel
maybride2017 Posts: 232
Hi im not sure exactly but going off the HSE spread sheet of register Solemnisers there is only 1 man registered with the HSE for Cork, his details are -Mr Thomas Walsh - Civil Registration Office, Adelaide Court, Adelaide Street - 021 4275126 Humanist Celebrants are: Mr Seamus De Burca, Shannonvale, Clonakilty - 086 4009649 Celebrant Bill Chase - Deelish, Skibbereen - 087 7693073 Maybe have a look online see can you get any info on them?
esla2016 Posts: 214
only the actual registrars can do registrar weddings, and you don't get to pick who does them, the office calls you to confirm about 2 weeks before the ceremony (at least this is the case in Cork going through the city office). he must be an approved celebrant of civil ceremonies rather than a registrar? bit skanky of the hotel not to tell you his name since you didn't book with them, what difference does it make to them!
think you're right, he's an approved celebrant, totally got the wording wrong. Hotel being very awkward just because we didn't book with them. Hoping someone here can help as I love the idea of something a little different and bringing in some kind of blessing to keep my grandparents and in laws happy....
Have emailed the hotel again, and still no reply. Has anyone any idea who this guy is? he's an ex priest, he's HSE approved to do civil ceremonies and is cork based, blarney area as far as I"m aware. Any ideas who he is? Name? I'm told he's very good and happily includes some blessings as well the the standard civil ceremony stuff. Any help would be great ladies
maybride2017 Posts: 232
Hey, here is the link for the list of registered Solemnisers if may be of help to you, I searched, the only people in the Blarney area are religious ceremonies. You might have a better idea on areas tho. I dunno what the hotel was talking about as from everything I have heard from HSE and Humanists you cant have religious elements in your civil ceremony, as they want to keep a division of state and religion. A civil ceremony is just that, jus the legal stuff (about 15 mins), and a humanist wedding is a bit longer (35/40 mins) is about the couple and their life past and future but nothing to do with religion is included. It might be that the person they were talking about does a non legal ceremony? you can do whatever you want then, and then you would legally have to get married in the HSE civil office before or after your wedding. I hope you find what your looking for :) https://www.welfare.ie/en/downloads/Reg ... nisers.xls -it will download as an excel spreadsheet- -Press cancel when it asks for a password-
Thank you so much. I've no idea either tbh, I've tried emailing again. Here's hoping