Cost of a Private Consultant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
How much does a private consultant cost? I'm not sure whether I should have this over in TTC or here, thought there may be more experience here :-8
Fairywings Posts: 360
All depends on what part of the country you are in really and if you are going fully private or semi private. I know in the Limerick area, you either go public or private, I don't think the option of semi private is available. Anyway, most consultants, including mine are 3K. Not sure if this has gone up since Jan 1st.....I don't think it should considering there is a recession and 3K is expensive enough.
tilsun Posts: 4506
Sorry hun but I'm not sure I'm clear what you mean? Is it a private consultant for your pregnancy and birth of baby? If so then go onto the hospital websites and they will have the costs for various consultants. I haven't gone private but I think they range from 3000 to 4,500
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
[quote="tilsun":3999fuhg]Sorry hun but I'm not sure I'm clear what you mean? Is it a private consultant for your pregnancy and birth of baby? If so then go onto the hospital websites and they will have the costs for various consultants. I haven't gone private but I think they range from 3000 to 4,500[/quote:3999fuhg] I'm also not clear what you are talking about but if you put in some more info someone should be able to help you out. If it's for birth then include in title what hospital you are talking and you are sure to get info here.
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
Thanks for the feedback. Expensive isn't it!
tilsun Posts: 4506
If you do a search on here you'll see lots of discussion about private and public for maternity. It really only has to be as expensive as you want or can afford . If you go public, it's free. Best of luck with TTC
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
If you go public its free, it you go semi p its somewhere between private and free, if you go private you pay and can find details of how much on your local hospitals website. It also depends if and what type of health insurance you have as they might pick up the tab for some of the private/semi p costs.