Cost of Cake

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marianf Posts: 5845
HI everyone, Just wondering if anyone is having a 3 tier fruit cake with minimum decoration and can tell me how much they are paying for it. Many thanks
skittles Posts: 1312
hiya marianf, i didnt want to spend a fortune on a cake cos its not a very important part of the wedding to me so im getting a plain cake (not decorated) from cakebox. check out the plain cakes on their website www.cakebox.ie its costing under €250 for 3 tiers, you can have all fruit/chocolate biscuit/or mix and match. im going to buy ribbon to match bridesmaids and get my florist to do a little decoration for the top. €250-happy days! :o0
Thanks Skittles
kelsar Posts: 690
Im paying €290 for a three tier cake. two fruit and one choc biscuit. It has roses going around it.
she Posts: 3298
would you not just buy the cake from marks? It's a really nice fruit cake and would cost well less than €200 for 3 tier, in fact I know at the moment their doing 3 for 2 on them...........
[quote="she":4a3y3z23]would you not just buy the cake from marks? It's a really nice fruit cake and would cost well less than €200 for 3 tier, in fact I know at the moment their doing 3 for 2 on them...........[/quote:4a3y3z23] Oh god no :o0 The plan is that my mam will do it. She is a little nervous about icing it though. MIL would also do it if needed. All it is, is that my aunt gave me a number of someone who is supposed to be great value for wedding cakes and I was quoted €500 for 3 fruit tiers. I just wanted to double check that they really were that expensive. Of course there is nothing wrong with M&S cakes, my poor mam and MIL would have a heart attack if they thought we bought the cake in a supermarket.
jen0808 Posts: 1076
The M&S cake is gorgeous, I don't like fruit cake but my hubbie insisted on it so I got it from there, my two little girls decorated it for me in my colours and it looked and tasted fantastic. This is coming from a fruit cake hater LOL
Linda H Posts: 1151
I have not done any research. Just going to get one from Marks. Cannot justify spending alot on a cake. Sorry just my personal opinion.
Phoenix girl Posts: 22
Hi Marianf, I think Bradbury's do a 3 tier starting at 399.00 depending on the type of icing / finish you choose. They seem like nice people also which is something I am starting to realise is having a huge influence on our decision making. In relation to our cake research we met with one or two bakers who were not nice to deal with and didn't seem to think their attitude would be an issue! Tom Bradbury was very nice and helpful which on the day we met him was a refreshing surprise :wv
Gingham Posts: 3014
i thought cakebox was sooo overpriced.... If you are looking for cheap and cheerful, M & S cakes are lovely!!