Cost of make up artist

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oona Posts: 209
How much are you guys paying for makeup on the day. I was quoted 400 euro plus 150 euro travel expenses? Is this expensive? She is a professional makeup artist with alot of experience. Thanks :thnk
leinstermaid Posts: 46
I'm interested in this one also. I did some phoning around today, and was quoted €390 for hair for 4 people, and make €375 for 4 people. They are highly recommended people but surely this is a bit excessive??!!! :eek :eek
happybride2be Posts: 380
girls, i am paying €280 which includes make up trial, and myself and two bridesmaid make up for wedding day, she will come to my house that morning, Marie JOseph, she is highly recommended on this site... check out her website www.makeup.ie. *)
Valkstar Posts: 2747
I've been quoted €250 for me plus 3 bridesmaids by one of the make up artists here on wol. She does the trial for free which is great, I hate the way you have to pay some people for trials!
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
:wv I've booked Ailbhe lynch and she charges a set fee of 350. She does makeup for anyone who needs it on the day, so that covers myself, 2BM, my mam and FMIL. I've heard great reviews about her on WOL and I think the set fee is very reasonable! Trial is €50 . www.ailbhelynch.com O-O
bbbride Posts: 664
Got a quote of €400, this is for up to 6 people, its a set fee.
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
:wv Hey, i am paying 320 Euro for Myself, 4 BM's and my Mam, and her Sister.. How far is your make-up artist travelling?
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Gosh that's a great price Anais21!! :compress Who are you getting to do yours? Im in Dublin and my make up artist is in Dublin aswell so no travelling at all. When I saw her reviews and her portfolio I had to have her!! >:o)
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
[quote="MrsWhippy09":h90cdh7c]Gosh that's a great price Anais21!! :compress Who are you getting to do yours? Im in Dublin and my make up artist is in Dublin aswell so no travelling at all. When I saw her reviews and her portfolio I had to have her!! >:o)[/quote:h90cdh7c][list:h90cdh7c] :wv I booked Niamh Fallon, she is from Dublin, so i don't have to pay travelling expenses..[/list:u:h90cdh7c]
big day \\\'08! Posts: 482
I have to reccomend Marie Joseph too,she is amazing!