Cost of make up artistb

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oona Posts: 209
hi girls, just wondering how much to spend on make up artist. I have been quoted 400 euro for the day and 150 euro travel expenses. Is that reasonable? She is a professional with alot of experience, advice please thanks, :thnk
Mrs080808 Posts: 1569
I got Ailbhe Lynch, she really professional and her work is great. she quoted me €350 for six people and €50 for a trial. www.makeupbyailbhelynch.com
ozypozy Posts: 2950
I'm getting my photographers wife to come to my house. Good feedback on here about her. quoted me €25 for the trial and €35 on the day. so 210 for moi, 3 bm, mil, and my mam. Shes coming to my house to do it so will save me parading around the town in the morning with all the nose bags gawping at me!
Valkstar Posts: 2747
I've been quoted €250 for me plus 3 bridesmaids by one of the make up artists here on wol. She does the trial for free which is great, I hate the way you have to pay some people for trials!
bananas Posts: 440
I have book ailbhe lynch also, her webite is amazing. Ive heard nothing but good reports about her, im so excited :o)ll
hannahross Posts: 318
I had an excellent make up artist and she charged 145E for everyone nad that was me, 2 x BM.s Mum , FMIL and sister and that also included her travel expenses as she came to the hotel on the morning of the wedding. She doesn't charge for trial either. She is based in Clonakillty so if anyone from Cork wants her details just pm me. HannahRoss