Menu

cost of photographers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happyhappy Posts: 50
Hi! I'm just starting to look for photographers even though my wedding is in, ahem, August. Anyway I am totally shocked by the quotes I am getting!!!! What kind of money are you all paying? Am I a scrooge or is it absolutely unreal!! They range from €1800-€2800!!! :eek :eek :eek WHAT!!!????? For photos???!!! PLease someone bash me over the head for a dose of reality if I need it O:| or else could someone please recommend a photographer that might be in/come to Cork for a wedding? I like the kind of quirky, laid back style. And no, Magda Lucas is not free...! Someone please help or else my else my brain might turn into a computer search engine this has taken soooooooo mmmmuuuuuuch time!!!!!!! HELP!!! Thanks x :thnk
teapotty Posts: 2085
I'm not in Cork so I can't recommend anyone specifically to you but you don't need to pay that much for a photographer. We're paying €950 for a disc only package, nice reportage style. That is from house preparations to an hour or so after our first dance. Edited to say: It took me absolutley ages to find what I was looking for at a reasonable price. Initially I was getting quote from €1600 upwards from any of the photographers whose work I loved (all reportage style). Eventually I found what I wanted at a reasonable price. Keep searching and don't settle for something you're not 100% happy with.
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
We are in West Cork and getting disc only for all day for €700.00. The photographer came well recommended as had done weddings for family so I was well pleased :)
crazyinlove78 Posts: 933
I know it's frightening isn't it, only thing is it's prob the only thing u have for yourself after the wedding....so i suppose IMO important to get good ones, my friend got photographer for less than the average and TBH her photos are very disappointing....we've just made up our mind on photographer, using trish from insight photography she's based in middleton in cork but travels countrywide, i really liked her albums. She is bit pricey though (oops) Also David Mcclelland is very good have seen some of his work and its really good so maybe give him a go....my advice would be to try get one ASAP as the mmore popular ones book up really quick...HTH O:o)
Synergy Posts: 2768
pm'd you :wv
Bosco2010 Posts: 32
we'd budgeted 2000 but we got a really nice laid back photography at the Wedding Fair in Jan for €1500, that includes the engagement photo and the storybook album and one or two other things I think!!
kittycatt24 Posts: 1322
Photographers is top of our list right now, im torn between two good ones in Cork with packages starting at 1000+1300 its the style of album and number of prints you want after that bunks up the cost. Il pm u those two!
mrs2013 Posts: 213
There is a crowd in Dublin that have done weddings for my friend and price was amazing im not sure if they go to cork but you could always ask. www.eoghanosullivanphotography.com hope it helps
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
Check out Magda Lukas in Cork- her most expensive package is 1300 euro but there's cheaper options. Lots of wollies here have booked here (she's travelling to louth for mine). She's a real talent- kind of the style of American blogs like stylemepretty. Can't recommend her highly enough- for her style of photography other photographers charge at least 2k plus http://www.magdalukas.com/
PeaPod Posts: 583
Bosco2010 could you PM me details of who you're using? That deal sounds great!