Cost of semi private?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

buttercupbabe Posts: 1224
Hey girls, Im going SP in the rotunda. Registered today & got my first app for early June. Exciting :o)ll one question though, the girl I spoke with said we have to pay €1200 up front & then we can claim about €300 back through our VHI. Is this normal? I had read in a few places that going SP would probably end up costing us €600-€800 but I didnt realise we'd have to pay €1200 up front. Any one any experience of this? Thanks :wv
Mrsdm Posts: 1136
im sp in the rotunda and had to pay the same, i think the price differs for the hospital though. now too sure how much we can claim back
Excitedwife Posts: 1186
HS you pay €900 and the rest is covered by VHI. You can also pay in installments :wv
Daff Posts: 11644
Are you sure it's the VHI you claim back off or did she mean your MED1? I've never heard of having to claim back off your insurance company but I was HS.
littlemama Posts: 471
I'm also SP in Rotunda and paid the 1200 last week. I get 250 from my health insurance towards this fee, the only annoying thing is you have to wait until the end of your policy year (which for me is next Jan >:o( ) and i'm not sure about this but i think it's only then that you can claim ur tax back??? Either that or end of tax year...