Cost of SWedding Wine

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Leftbank Posts: 2395
Just back from getting our wedding wine and we got 60 white, 30 red 50 Cava (not doing drink of choice as speeches are b4 meal and top us of cava for everyone who wants it) Spent just over E1560. We are paying corkage at 8 for wine and 10 for champagne so thats another grand added on.. Is this the norm out there?
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
we bought 30 red & 60 white Lindemans wine in Tesco for 420e. They were doing an offer last October, 2 bottles for 10e plus a 5% discount for buying so many bottles. I don't know anything really about wine (other than i like to drink plenty of it :o0 ) but that sounds really expensive to me. Like i said though, i don't really know much about it other than the deal we got :wv
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
We are paying €1000 for our wine. 160 bottles in total - 60% white and 40% red. Haven't bought our bubbly yet. We got ours on offer from Superquinn and they're going to ring us when it's in.
errigal08 Posts: 1302
[quote="Louise1981":5h36edy4]we bought 30 red & 60 white Lindemans wine in Tesco for 420e. They were doing an offer last October, 2 bottles for 10e plus a 5% discount for buying so many bottles. I don't know anything really about wine (other than i like to drink plenty of it :o0 ) but that sounds really expensive to me. Like i said though, i don't really know much about it other than the deal we got :wv[/quote:5h36edy4] thats what we are doing,getting it from tesco the lindemans is grand i know for sure there will be no wine connoisseur at the wedding... you have 90 bottles how many are going to the wedding? im not sure how much to get?