Cost of wedding dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bellisima Posts: 3583
I know sometimes people get a bit tetchy when you ask about money here but here goes! Just wondering how much is the average for a wedding dress. I do appreciate its going to vary greatly but just trying to get an idea of whats reasonable and whats mad money. Curious but I know at the end of the day if I find a dress I love budget will go out the window!! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
nearlytherenow Posts: 1072
i had budgeted 1500-2000 for my dress (was hoping for the lesser end of the scale) but found a dress i LOVED for 1125!!! brill :)
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Oooh thats promising, think its my mother has the fear of god in me, has me thinking its gonna cost a bomb! Ive heard its tradition for MOB to pay for dress... I wonder has she heard of that... maybe its not me she's preparing for a shock, maybe its herself :hyper: Ah no all kidding aside, am clueless about this and while I dont want to spend crazy money, want to get something I adore and feel fab in.
away with the fairies x Posts: 392
Think you would get more replies if you put in a poll. [quote="Mrs PR":1m61ent5]I know sometimes people get a bit tetchy when you ask about money here [/quote:1m61ent5] +1 - they can get very very very defensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wv
petersgirl Posts: 1568
I got mine for £915 but did get a quote from another shop for £1350 :eek for the same dress, so do try to ask around. I saw another I really liked for 1450 but I didn't like it more than than the other enough to justify the price difference :wv Hope that helps, it is so difficult to say but def be looking at around the 1k mark or above for the dresses. So funny when I started out, I was like yeah I'll spend about 350-500 on a dress :o0 how wrong was I?!
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Some designers and shops are cheaper than others.Try and get appointments in a large variety of shops. I fell in love with a dress just past the higher end of my budget but I went for it anyway. If I didn't think I could pay for it I would have looked for a different dress. I think that many of us fall for the dress first and think about the budget later (higher and lower). :wv Price wise, there are lots of FAB Dresses at all price ranges but figure out your budget and then look at dresses.
MizMelanie Posts: 1443
Well mine was €2,100 and I bought it in New York. The same dress in BTs is €3,300 so I'm happy with my purchase! I think the prices vary hugely - I had set a budget of 2k for mine and when my dream dress was only €100 over budget I just went for it. A friend of mine got married recently and she wore a vintage dress bought in London and it was £300 and she looked incredible.
DipDab Posts: 1172
All the dresses I liked ranged from 800 to 1600.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I'm paying €1500 for mine, which is pretty much what I was expecting to pay before I started looking.
Mrs C2b Posts: 46
I found the dress I loved in one bridal shop, I think it was 1500E, One day in work I just decided to google the designer and see if another other bridal shop had stocked the same dress, I found the same dress in another bridal shop, closer to home, on SALE for 700E! Happy days! a few days later went and tried it on, there wasnt a mark on the dress and the lady in the shop will arrange for the dress to be sent to Dub for dry cleaning at no extra cost! Seriously definitely worth shopping around