Could I be pregnant with Mirena Coil

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lil lady Posts: 15
Hi i am just wondering if anyone could help. I have had mirena coil fitted for last 3 years and this is my 2nd time with one and never have had any problems with it. However over last two weeks or so I have been feeling quite sick and queasy and not myself. I have also almost fainted a few times and just had a feeling it was like my previous pregnancies. Its only over the last three days I have started to panic a bit about this . I checked for the threads but cant seem to locate them. I just get spotting with my period and so have no idea at what stage of the cycle I am due to be in. I am getting worried now and really stressting as right now my relationship has hit a very difficult patch. Just wondering if anyone has experience of getting pregnant while using the Mirena Coil. Thanks
Waiting24 Posts: 355
I have to say I have no idea if you could be pregnant but doing a test is the best way of getting an answer. Don't worry yet. there could he lots of other reasons for your symptoms!
boodlesdoodles Posts: 900
Yes you could be, my sisters friend got pregnant with the mirena. Only a test will tell for sure. Good luck.
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
I know someone who had a baby a couple of weeks ago, she was on the mirena and was 5 mts pregnant before she realised as didnt think it was possible to get pg with it so yes you can. Test is the best way to find out best of luck :wv
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
It's possible, but it's really rare. I'd do a test just to reassure yourself. Good luck!
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
I would go to doc or test if I were you. When I got coil fitted my SIL said 2 of her friends got pregnant while using mirena. I had some strange symptoms last yr and doc suspected I might be pregnant, the test came up negative but she was so convinced she wanted to me to come back the following week to confirm. She had me panicked. Turns out it was something else TG! And I use the copper coil which isn't as effective as the mirena. But just for your peace of mind you should get a test.
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
DP
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
I was in hosp in May and there was a girl in my ward who was telling me she got pregnant with the coil fitted. Just do a test, it may be nothing but its a possibility.
gopro Posts: 1801
yup you can. it's more common that people realise I work wit a girl who got pregnant with it in.
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
yes id say you could be, 2 of my friends got pregnant while using the coil do a test or go and see your doctor, good luck