could i be???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jiggy_jo Posts: 1166
im due af on monday, ive come off the pill 2 months ago for health reasons, and 2 weeks into my cycle we did the deed unprotected. for the last few days ive been peeing a lot, and have been having twinges in my lower abdomen. i took a test today and it was negative, but i think its prob too early. im probably jumping the gun a bit but im excited and worried at the same time, as the wedding is 2 weeks today!!! i dont know if i can wait to monday to test again. do you think im getting ahead of myself????
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Fingers crossed for you Jiggy jo. Did you use a first response test they say they can tell 4days before your due AF? It prob is a bit too early to test but hopeful you'll get the BFP your looking for. :babydust: :babydust:
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Sympthoms sound a bit like mine!!! Keep us posted!! :o)ll
thanks for the replies girls, i did another first response today and still negative, ive become quite used to the idea that i could be preggers and was so disappointed today. the twinges and sort of stretching feelings in my lower abdo have persisted so im confused. ive bought more tests but gonna try and hold off to monday. am i right in thinking that i could still be pregnant, its just still a bit early? or is that just wishful thinking???
Toblerone Posts: 2698
I believe the first response tests can show up positive results 5 days before AF is due. If it came up negative and it was just exactly 5 days you could still be preggers. You know the tests are picking up on the hormone HcG so the levels in your body might still be too low for the tests. If you are due on Monday you could test Fri/Sat.It is v difficult not to check. I'm a definite member of the peeonastick group. I understand that disappointment you felt. I went through the same emotional sadness when AF arrived. Then went into massive depression thinking there was something wrong with me!! talk about over emotional H2B didn't know what to do. I'd test again and keep eye on symptoms. You are only 2 months post pill so maybe your ovulation isn't as bang on as you think. If you are preggers, congratulations. Do let us know. :wv
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
Fingers crossed for you!! I found the first response really crap they came up negative for me and i was actually pregnant. You should do the test first thing in the mornings or wait until you really need to go for a pee i found the clear blue good and it gave me my positive result. HOpe you get a positve!!!!! Keep us posted
girls i cant believe im writing this but i got a positive..im pregnant! i had a faint pink line on sunday and a stronger one on monday..we are so delighted but shocked too. it only took one time! i cant believe our luck, esp with reading the post from all of those TTC-to whom i send all my love and luck!! but now im loaded with questions... what next..to the doc and get it confirmed? is it safe to fly on fri- i have to its to the wedding next week! can i still have a glass of champers on the big day? how do i choose a hospital, and when do i need to do this? when are the scan ect? oh god so many questions...thanks for all the well wishes, and if any of you mums or mums to be have any advice for a newbie, its all very welcome :thnk
Toblerone Posts: 2698
Jo, delighted to hear your brilliant news. What a wonderful way to begin your married life. I guess you will be full of questions now. First off, you should prob go to doctor to make yourself known to them. They may offer combined care so it would be good to like them - IYKWIM. Then decide on hospital and what type of care - private/semi private or public. This should be done pretty soon even though you prob won't be able to see any doc until week 16. Depending on hospital and mode of care, you could have scan at 12wks or just the big one. YOu can get private scans also in DUblin city centre for about 100e. Your questions - def safe to fly. Drink probably ok as most women don't know they are PG until about wk 6. check out [url:tn39ctcd]http://www.rollercoaster.ie/mumstobe/default.asp[/url:tn39ctcd] there is discussion forum there which may provide some answers to your questions. Esp look at april/may for hospital care/scans/telling people/etc. again congrats :o)ll :o)ll
Me Julia Posts: 1352
congrats jiggy jo have a great wedding and a healthy, happy pregnancy! :o)ll
dovedro Posts: 1295
[quote="jiggy_jo":3nllal27]girls i cant believe im writing this but i got a positive..im pregnant! i had a faint pink line on sunday and a stronger one on monday..we are so delighted but shocked too. it only took one time! i cant believe our luck, esp with reading the post from all of those TTC-to whom i send all my love and luck!! but now im loaded with questions... what next..to the doc and get it confirmed? [color=blue:3nllal27]Yes go to your Doc to get it confirmed and to discuss hospitals private/public etc[/color:3nllal27] is it safe to fly on fri- i have to its to the wedding next week! [color=blue:3nllal27]Yes it is fine to fly, just wear flight socks, drink plenty of water and walk around[/color:3nllal27] can i still have a glass of champers on the big day? [color=blue:3nllal27]Yes I'd say this is fine, just don't overdo it[/color:3nllal27] how do i choose a hospital, and when do i need to do this? when are the scan ect? [color=blue:3nllal27]You need to decide on private or public with your hospital and scan dates will depend on this[/color:3nllal27] oh god so many questions...thanks for all the well wishes, and if any of you mums or mums to be have any advice for a newbie, its all very welcome :thnk[/quote:3nllal27] Congrats! Thats brill news! Some answers to your questions above, enjoy the big day!