Could I be?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Silver Posts: 95
Sorry girls just wanted some advice. Came off the pill 3 mths ago, got my 1st period straight away the following month (1st proper period off the pill) got exactly 28 days later, this month, I was due (on a normal 28 day cycle) last friday, still nothing, had cramps friday and saturday but no period. I did a test yesterday and it was negative, still a bit unsure as I have no cramps or anything. The only thing I will say is my boobs feel really heavy? Anyone any advice for me?
snozberry Posts: 1212
I would give it another few days and if still no sign make an appointment at your gp's. I have known of some girls who got negatives on the over the counter tests but positive from their gps test. best of luck and hopefully you will get the answer you are hoping for in the next couple of days! the waiting is so hard though............ :D
Silver Posts: 95
Thanks so much for replying really dont know my head from my ar*e at the moment! Will just have to wait and see :shock:
cailum Posts: 123
I know how you feel, im exactly the same. I feel as though I am. I have all the early signs & a fortune teller told me last Tuesday I was (Every thing I was told was 100% accurate!). I was due today but still noting, I’ve never been over 28 days & I always know for about 3 day before that they’re on the way! I have taken two tests. Both negative. My head is melted. I so want it to say 'pregnant'.
iwill Posts: 34
just wondering, even though your test is negative - but you think you might be pregnant, are you giving up coffee, alcohol? etc until you know for sure. I'm only a couple of days late. Have cramps but might just be late becuase of stress in work lately. Usually bang on time. Need my morning coffee but thinking i should give it up - am i mad! as i may not be pregnant at all.
Judy Posts: 612
I dont think you would have to give up your coffee just yet iwill as even if you have conceived the baby/foetus at this stage doesnt take anything from its mother this early.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote:bfuk00c0]I dont think you would have to give up your coffee just yet iwill as even if you have conceived the baby/foetus at this stage doesnt take anything from its mother this early.[/quote:bfuk00c0] How long does it take till the bay does Judy?just 1 of the billon questions i have :oops:
MrsSan Posts: 475
Best of luck Silver, hope you get what you are hoping for, keep us posted.
iwill Posts: 34
i find it really strange how even though we only did the deed a week before pd due and now only just past due date that if test comes back positive i'd be a month pregnant as its measured from first day of last pd - isn't that how it works?
Judy Posts: 612
Not sure Doc will ask you when your last pd was and its taken from a bout a week after that I think, scan will show a more accurate date. Mrs05 not sure exactly how long it is before baby takes anything from you but I remember when I found out I was pg I was allready 7 weeks gone and was worried as I had quite a few mad nights out with the girls! Doc reassured me that all would be well as the baby wouldnt have been taking anything from me too early on