Could I be.....?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

saturday Posts: 6
I'm using a different name for this, as I quite a few people would know who I am from my own username, and I don't want people to knowabout this (yet).... I've never been pregnant, so not sure what to expect really, but think I may be pregnant now. We haven't actively been ttc, but it's possible I could be. Can someone tell me please what symptoms would I have if I am pregnant? My period was due on Saturday, but still have not got it. It would not be unusual for it to be a day late or early, but never anything more either way. So it's now 4 days late. I took a test this afternoon but it came up negative. Since Sunday I've been having what I can only describe as mild cramps, the type I would usually get at the onset of a period. Boobs have also been sore, but they usually get like this before my period anyway. How long should I wait before testing again? And can anyone recommend an accurate test? Thanks for your help girls.
JellyBellie Posts: 4
Don't invest in pampers shares just yet. Give yourself a few days and try and relax. Stress can delay your period, and planning a wedding is definitely a stressful time! Most over the counter pregnancy tests work well, but some may need lead-in time (a week from date of missed period), it should say on the pack.
Mrs. Ally Posts: 298
Hiya, you usually take another test 3 days after the first one, but do try and relax or you could end up like me, I have taken 4 tests all came up negative, I was due my pd last tuesday and I still haven't got them. I am going to the docs tomorrow morning coz I'm still getting bad cramps. As the girls say don't get your hopes up just yet coz I'd hate to see someone else getting as disappointed as me. Best of luck anyway, keep us posted Mrs. Ally :lol: :lol:
MrsSan Posts: 475
Maybe give yourself another few days before testing again. One thing I first noticed apart from my boobs being sore was they had literally grown overnight!! I was going to a Wedding in Sept and when I put my dress on (which had previously fitted perfectly) it was seriously tight around my boobs, I hadn't noticed them before that. I also had a metal taste in my mouth. How are you feeling today ? I hope you get the result that you're hoping for :wink: btw - myself and hubby weren't actively ttc either but when we discovered that i was pregnant we were both chuffed so don't worry.
saturday Posts: 6
Thanks for the replies girls. Will wait another few days and test again. MrsSan, although we’re not actively trying, we would both be over the moon anyway if I was pregnant. Mrs. Ally, sorry to hear that you haven’t got a result yet….best of luck.
Minxie Posts: 884
So, wondering, just wondering how you're getting on? Did you try another test?
alimae Posts: 134
Peaches I sent you a PM ..
Princess Atora Posts: 275
Is Wondering ok??
*Smajra* Posts: 1440
I'm guessing from the ticker that Alliewallie76 is "Wondering". Congratulations, if I'm right.
Princess Atora Posts: 275
Oh Right....well if thats the case CONGRATULATIONS! Wonderful News :)