could this be the start?early labour

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gingham Posts: 3014
hey,ive been awake since 5 wit cramps every 7/8 mins lasting about 30 seconds.im a week overdue..had a show last sat nd again a small bit during the night..do you think maybe this is the start of something?the pain starts,gets worse and then goes..
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Sounds like it could be the start :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Get out and start walking - that's what I did. I went to town which meant that I ended up going for a long walk, with no option of a bus etc. DD was born 9hrs later. I think if it's false labour the pains will stop if you have a shower/bath - someone else may be able to clarify that for you. Best of luck and keep us posted. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll If in doubt at all ring the hospital.
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
No Idea Pet, but best of luck :o)ll :o)ll
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
defo sounds like the start of things for you! Good luck!
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Hope so dh! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Keep moving and as someone said to me, make sure you don't focus too much on the pain in the early stages.. it's hard when you're overdue because you want it so much but the advice I got was to ignore the pains until they DEMAND your attention, and don't overuse any coping strategies until you really need them. The night I contracted and they went away I was devastated after because I was just so focused on them being 'IT' - next time I'm ignoring them until they practically flatten me! (That's the plan anyway!) Best of luck! Looking forward to hearing news about your little bundle SOON!!!!!! x
roxychick Posts: 1802
Really hope this is it for you. Best of luck
Pigglywinks Posts: 46
Hi deliriouslyhappy Def sounds like the start of labour. I was a week early with DD and it started with a show in the morning and period like cramps all day. Eventually went to hospital around 11 that night. DD was born at 5am!! Best of luck thisyear
jmeath Posts: 5740
Oh i hope so DH.....hopefully you in the middle of it all now :o)ll
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Totally agree with MrsBean, that's why I went for a walk. It meant that I had to keep going in order to get home, or to a shop for help :o0 It really was only a few hrs later when the pain would stop me in my tracks I realised it was 'IT'.
AHappyMrs Posts: 622
oh best of luck deliriously happy... really hope this is it for you. Just think by this time tommorrow you could have a little bundle of joy in your arms :o)ll