Could this story be true??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lovecurlywurlys Posts: 7
A girl I work with told me this story that she heard from a friend who heard from a friend etc. 2 girls, let's call them Jane and Jodie are best of friends. Jane got married 3 weeks ago and had a great day then went to Jodie's wedding last weekend. Was having a great time but had a little too much wine and started to get emotional and sad about her own big day being over. So much so that she decided to go home, get changed into her wedding dress and come back to the reception to enjoy a few more hours of being a bride!!! Needless to say Jodie was not impressed, they had a huge row in front of all the guests and haven't spoken since! I find this so hard to believe, could anyone actually do that?? How could somebody not have stopped her?? What do you think girls?
SGirl Posts: 2542
An Urban Myth I think, sure what harm, it's good for a chuckle!
NittyGritty Posts: 1605
I think it's a funny story, but I don't believe it. I don't think the drunken Jodie could have possibly gotten herself into her wedding dress for a start off. Most wedding dresses are a two man job never mind an emotional, drunken woman operating solo. Plus, I don't think (although, I'm probably wrong) that anyone could be so insensitive as to do something like this on their friend. If it is true, it should make all those dead against all nude shades being worn to weddings think on. You think Aunty Mary in her cream Coast number was bad? Well, wait'll you hear about Jodie and Jane.....
atina Posts: 2240
I agree urban legend
Little Chip Posts: 358
[quote="NittyGritty":1pg1jhxa]I think it's a funny story, but I don't believe it. I don't think the drunken Jodie could have possibly gotten herself into her wedding dress for a start off. Most wedding dresses are a two man job never mind an emotional, drunken woman operating solo. Plus, I don't think (although, I'm probably wrong) that anyone could be so insensitive as to do something like this on their friend. If it is true, it should make all those dead against all nude shades being worn to weddings think on. You think Aunty Mary in her cream Coast number was bad? Well, wait'll you hear about Jodie and Jane.....[/quote:1pg1jhxa] :yelrotflmaosmilie: +1!!!!
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
[quote="NittyGritty":3hcq3qp9] Most wedding dresses are a two man job never mind an emotional, drunken woman operating solo.[/quote:3hcq3qp9] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: The image of a drunken emotional wreck of a woman, weeping mascara by the bucket-load with a crumpled veil on her head and trying to lace herself into a giant mereingue of a dress made me SCREAM with laughter, my husband thinks I've lost it - trying for the last ten minutes to explain it to him but every time I start I'm overcome with mirth. NG my tummy hurts and it's YOUR FAULT >:o( I reckon an urban legend too - but tee-hee-hee for the mental images :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
McLisa Posts: 1815
i could imagine my SIL to be doing this - thank god i'm getting married in spain and she (hopefully) wont have her dress with her :yelrotflmaosmilie: