Menu

Couple of questions re after birth

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lush Posts: 506
Hi All Had section over 4 weeks ago with my firstbaby &have a few questions. 1,how many visits should I have from PHN? I've only had 1? 2, I still have dark line on my belly, does this go away or doi need to use bleach? 3, I received social services card today is this all I need for child benefit or do I receive a letter(I have already reg for CB) or book or something? 4, anyone whose had CS what exercises did you do 4 weeks after? At the moment I'm only walking.
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
hi Lush, I didn't have a section or a belly line so i can't help with any of those questions but can with the others! Re PHN - i only had one house visit a couple of days after i came home, after that its up to you to go to her every few weeks (at least thats what i was told) unless you've had your LO at the docs for injections etc as the doc/nurse will check them there. Re CB - once the birth is registered you'll get babys PPS number in the post & the CB dept will write to you automatically to fill up a form with all you & your partners details & how you want to receive the money. :wv
Babymad1 Posts: 82
Were you given a leaflet from the hospital about exercises? At this point its very very very mild stuff - working on your pelvic floors - you know tightening up and letting go. Also pulling your belly button in and gentle walking. I'd wait until your 6 week checkup before doing anything more. My consultant recommended Bio Oil for the scar but I never got round to getting it.