couples that really shouldn't get married...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gerbil Posts: 3528
ok NOT aimed at anyone or any topic at all, just somethign i have to say has occured to me at times reading posts on here and talking to friends in real life, equally, but Have you ever read a post / listened to someone's relationship tale of woe and thought "oh f*ck seriously you really shouldn't get wed*" and if so would you (have you?) told them so? * thinking specially of the "weird relationship headed for the altar" but also, just plain "please break up, you're horrible together" I have to say i once did tell a friend after hours of listening to truly disfunctional stories that they should think hard about getting married, but she was not impressed. but then so many people ask for advice they have no intention of taking :o0
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="gerbil":35xe2cwj]........Have you ever read a post / listened to someone's relationship tale of woe and thought "oh f*ck seriously you really shouldn't get wed*" and if so would you (have you?) told them so?[/quote:35xe2cwj] Yes. Both on WOL and in RL. No, I would never tell them, unless it was something specific, like he'd done the dirt or something. People have to make their own mistakes, and like you said, people don't want to hear the truth - just opinions that confirm that they're right. sometimes, reading WOL I despair, I really do.* *again, nothing specific, just a general observation.
gerbil Posts: 3528
[quote="NoZilla":1ho11hlb][quote="gerbil":1ho11hlb]........Have you ever read a post / listened to someone's relationship tale of woe and thought "oh f*ck seriously you really shouldn't get wed*" and if so would you (have you?) told them so?[/quote:1ho11hlb] Yes. Both on WOL and in RL. No, I would never tell them, unless it was something specific, like he'd done the dirt or something. People have to make their own mistakes, and like you said, people don't want to hear the truth - just opinions that confirm that they're right. [b:1ho11hlb]sometimes, reading WOL I despair, I really do[/b:1ho11hlb].* yeah me too.......and sometimes listening to otherwise sane women (and some men of my aquaintance) *again, nothing specific, just a general observation.[/quote:1ho11hlb]
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Yes, I know quite a few couples that, IMHO, shouldn't be married. Some of them have already broken up, of course...
Milly83 Posts: 3620
How could you tell them though? A friend of mine has been going out with a guy for longer than I care to think about. I hate him. Everyone I know hates him. She seems to love him. They aren't getting married but I would never say something to her about him. She has changed completely since she started going out with him as well. It's difficult because love can be blind.
she Posts: 3298
Yes someone I know has just confided in me that she is getting married the end of next year and I really had to bite my tongue :ooh They constantly argue, throw things at one and other.....He's always away on lads holidays, she's left to mind the 2 kids(yes they have children)..... When they argue, he either walks out and goes to his Mothers(for a week) or she throws him and his clothes out the door....... She's related to me and there has been times in the past that I have said suttley that I don't think he treats her very well and she says she knows.....so I don't say anything else.... Honestly the S*ite is going a hit the fan when they announce it....but the way I see it is, they have to make their own mistakes just a pity theres 2 beautiful Children involved......
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Yes, but what can you do? As Nozilla has said, unless there is something concrete to go on your opinion probably will not be welcome. The most annoyiny type are girls who are terminally attracted to losers. The ones that have broken up with a guy coz they are "too nice"..... O:| only to end up marrying a dope!
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="GoldenBride":1a60lhlk] It's difficult because love can be blind.[/quote:1a60lhlk] And in some cases it's deaf, dumb and terminally stupid, too.
she Posts: 3298
[quote="NoZilla":2qh2zdd2][quote="GoldenBride":2qh2zdd2] It's difficult because love can be blind.[/quote:2qh2zdd2] And in some cases it's deaf, dumb and terminally stupid, too.[/quote:2qh2zdd2] :o0 :o0 never a truer word said......
Pheebs Posts: 1102
It's tough because I believe that honesty is the best policy but sometimes people just don't want to hear the truth... they'll find out soon enough if things aren't going to work out but the tragedy is that there is often so much pain and heartbreak by that stage and as in Hepburn's post earlier divorce seems to be becoming normalised and really early in marriages too.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8