Menu

craft cleaners for alterations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ciaramac Posts: 41
Hi, i bought my dress in New York and had to find someone here to do the alterations. Wondering if anyone has used Craft Cleaners on baggott Street for alterations before. Right now they are the front runners. The tailor's name is Paul. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Ciaramac
MollieO Posts: 301
I've used them, but not for anything as important and complex as a wedding dress. Mainly trousers and skirts. I've found them very good, the tailor can be a little short when very busy, but who cares as long as the work is up to scratch.
ofinlay Posts: 22
From personal and friend's experiences....craft are really pricey. They charge almost 200e to dry clean a wedding dress and wouldnt give me a price for altering my weddnig dress so I can just imagine what they are charging! Byrne's on Grafton Street are supposed to be very good Also...a lady connected to Encore Bridal in Clondalkin is also supposed to be brilliant. I will be trying them..craft are abit of rip off to be honest
ofinlay Posts: 22
From personal and friend's experiences....craft are really pricey. They charge almost 200e to dry clean a wedding dress and wouldnt give me a price for altering my weddnig dress so I can just imagine what they are charging! Byrne's on Grafton Street are supposed to be very good Also...a lady connected to Encore Bridal in Clondalkin is also supposed to be brilliant. I will be trying them..craft are abit of rip off to be honest
Sonique Posts: 248
I only use them for dry cleaning and alterations but find them overpriced and extremely rude.... wouldn't fancy having to pay for them to alter my dress :o(
shoegals Posts: 1640
Hi, I worked in Craft Cleaners years ago, I know they are pricey but they are very good, they do a lot of work for Alexanders and other bridal shops around mostly pressing dresses after repair of the likes for Cathy De Stafford etc.