Cramps at 31 Weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

S0phia Posts: 367
Just looking for some advice, started getting cramps through the night, not bad enough to keep me awake but they are continuing this morning. I am getting about six or seven an hour and they are like first day period pains. No tightening of the stomach so dont think they are Braxton Hicks but as its first baby I just dont know! They arent massively sore just more uncomfortable, like I would have to stop If I was walking etc. Would you pop down to get this checked if you were me or am I being a drama queen!
Thinkerbell Posts: 187
Ring the hospital and see what they say, put your mind at ease. could just be more streching.
Thxs Thinkerbell, I think I will. I know in my head its nothing but I cant stop worrying all the same! Welcome to the world of Motherhood I guess!
evenstar Posts: 367
Hi jessi, I've been getting these on and off for the last week or so - mainly at night. I said it to my consultant on Monday and he said that they are Braxton Hicks and to expect them to get more frequent and more painful as the weeks go on. He said that they were nothing to worry about. Ringing or going into the hospital would probably be a good idea anyway - it's always nice to have your worries put to rest! Take care, evenstar
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Sounds like BH to me I've had them since 30 weeks ring the hospital or ur GP just to be sure but would be pretty sure u can guarantee they r BH they can be sore enough
Thanks for replies girls, I popped into consultant just to be sure and he reckons BH alright. He did find keytones in my urine which apparently is a sign of dehydration and my blood pressure was low so I am on 10 days bedrest. Dont think work were too impressed but baby comes first!!
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
I get them pains a lot, Doc reckons they are BH. They can be brought on from dehydration so get the water into you Mrs! I first got them about 2 weeks ago and I have to say when I drink tons of fluid they aren't half as bad. Don't even be worrying about work, I've been signed off for months now due to a number of problems I've been having, work is the last thing you have to be worrying about! Get yourself a good rest now :wv