Cramps in feet and calfs, anyone else??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Last week or so getting terrible cramps in my feet and awful ones in my calfs, soooooooooooooo sore :eek :eek :eek Anyone else the same?? Any cures??
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
Those pains are worse than labor.lol Had them on all 4 babies. Only thing gp said i could do was drink lots of water,Then you have the added bonus of being on the loo all day. :o0
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Oh god dont tell me they last all way through PG :ooh :ooh Am on loo half the day already as really thirsty so may live there from now on me thinks :o0 :o0 :o0
piripiri Posts: 165
i got those a few times. i eat a banana for potassium (dunno if that helps but my sports therapist friend said that's why the tennis players eat bananas to stop cramps) i read that you get cramps due to a calcium deficiency so now i drink a glass of milk with my dinner...haven't had a cramp since!
fifi28 Posts: 481
can definitly sympathise with the calf pains their horrible ! like the other poster says eat bananas for potassium and when you feel the pain in your calf coming on wherever you may be ( usually get them in bed with me ) jump up ( carefully :o0 ) and put your foot flat on the floor n put all your weight on your calf should help :wv
tras Posts: 1460
I get these at night, so annoying. Drinking tonic water with quinine is supposed to help too.
red_rubies Posts: 2424
Oh God, tras - I tried the tonic water last night for my restless legs & oh my God, it's disgusting!! Didn't do much for my legs though! I find when I get cramps in my legs, if you pull your toes up towrads you - keeping your legs straight it gets rid of it. I have never had cramps before I got pg & the first night I got one, I couldn't believe the pain. Thankfully DH was beside me in the bed & as he's used to getting cramps (from playing sports), he was able to help me. My God though, the pain!
mummytime Posts: 3149
i'm getting a lot of foot cramps this time round. I remember the restless legs and the leg cramps last time (albeit at a much later stage) but these foot cramps are new to me. I know I should be drinking more water but i forget :-8
Gingham Posts: 3014
I have been getting these the last week when im in bed...they are so sore....i have to get out of the bed and put my leg straight...pain is crazy...will try drinking more milk..eat a good few bananas as it is
tras Posts: 1460
Just remembered that I was also told to sleep with my legs raised - on a pillow or something. Did it last night and got none but will see tonight.