Cramps

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Chancer Posts: 233
Sorry if this upsets anyone but I'm trying to figure out what I should be worried about. I have cramps down low, just between my pubic area and tummy. I don't know if this is something to be concerned about as its almost constant? I also have stitch like pains in my side My head is wrecked :o(
Wife09 Posts: 873
Sorry I could not reply. How long are you pregnant? Cramps in early pregnancy are common it is genreally the womb stretching, If you are later on in pregnancy, it could be braxton hicks or possibly start of labour. Dont panic but either way early or late pregnancy you shoudl ring the a&e of maternity hospital just in case theres something else going on,they will advise you correctly and put your mind at ease. If you start bleeding heavily or the pain becomes unbareable go to the hospital right away. But Im sure everything is ok hun, a quick call to the hospital will put your mind at ease!!!!!!!!
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I also have cramps in a similar location, just presuming it's stretching pains. I'm expecting my bump any day now. How far along are you?
Wife09 Posts: 873
I suffered from awful cramps worse than worst period pain in early pregnancy and it was the womb stretching, and I still get a lot of pains, but please just ring the hosptial to put your mind at ease!!!!!!!!!
Chancer Posts: 233
I'm only around 6 weeks, its a bit confusing as I have an irregular cycle. I'll give Holles st a buzz tomorrow morning and see what they say. Its worse than period pain and that worries me, but I'm a wuss with no pain threshold at all :-8 Thanks for the responses, it really helps :lvs
popple Posts: 1368
hi chancer, thanks for this post, i woke up this morning with painful cramps like af too, but higher up. I had a stitch in my side too last night. I just hope its all normal, i;m only 4weeks or so. Can you let me know how you get on? I am going to the doc on monday anyway to confirm my BFP :thnk
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
hey ladies, :wv i got these too and also got a kind of HEAT type pain across my belly aswell. all perfectly normal, if you start to get terrible cramps or any bleeding then get it checked out . HTH :xxx