cramps....what to do?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babs76 Posts: 1000
I'm 21 weeks this thur and for the last few days I've been having period like cramps in my lower abdomen and around the sides - i feel like i have to go to the loo a lot (for a bowel movement - GOD so sorry about this, TMI!) and sometimes the cramp's pass a little afterwards. Sometimes I'm a little constipated and other times, I'm not The cramps are not severe but i can still feel them and it's freaking me out as I've had them for a few days now and all the books say that cramps are fine but that they shouldn't be constant. I said it to my gynae last week at my 20 week scan and she checked around and found nothing and also did an internal and suggested it might be stretching. If's normal then thats fine but I'm worried "what if it's not normal" has anyone else experienced cramps and if so did you find out what could be causing it??
lila Posts: 982
Hi babs76 - I'd say it most likely is stretching. It could also be trapped wind :-8 - I know I had this on and off. Saying that, if you are still worried, you should mention it again to your GP..