CRAVING'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bree Posts: 1880
just wondered what cravings everyone has & how strong they are?? last time ( u know this bella :o0 ) i loved ice !! & it has now come back much much stronger than last time ( & earlier i think ?) i need it every morning & night, & i swear i mean 'need' i bring it to bed ( despite listening to my husband rattling on about the sound of me chewing it ) ... im staying at my parents for a few days & they dont have an ice-machine so have only had ice-lollies this evening & honestly i feel sick without it , i sooooo need that cool cold crunchy chew !!! jesus i feel abit mental , id get cross with someone now very easy im that gagging it!
bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
Cravings, oh my god i am already suffering and I am only 9 wks gone !!! I crave anything bitter and spicy, for me it is usually johnny onion rings or wotsits !!! I cannot help it, not good for me or babs but sometimes i just cant say no !!! What am i like :o0
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
It was the meanies crisps for me for a few weeks, and fruit(!) everyday but nothing as severe as just needing something so bad that I would flip.. except for a cig :-8 but I can't have those.. 17 weeks and counting to our baby and my cigs!!! :o0 :o0
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Haven't heard that one before Bree. Mine was Ginger Ale on my first pregnancy. Wouldn't touch the stuff normally and haven't touched it since.
july7812 Posts: 1787
On my last pregnancy I had a very strange craving - absolutly loved & craved the smell of firelighters - my DH thought I was mad, he'd be wondering where I had disappeared to in the house & would often find me in the utility room sniffy the packet of firelighters - thank god it disappeared after I had my DS & this time round I totally detest the smell, I'm nearly sick anytime now I have to light the fire with the firelighters. Weird or what :ooh :ooh Foodwise - I haven't really developed a craving - maybe an eating fruit a little more but dont feel the huge urge or need to have it - just take it if its handy.
sinion Posts: 6050
I adore the smell of firelighters all the time, even when not pregnant, hubby gets really annoyed with me cos it's almost like i'm sniffing glue, obsessed :-8 Bree I'm the same as you with ice but I need it flavoured so I have icepops all the time or make a bowl of orange cordial flavoured ice. It's like the worst thirst imagineable, I just have to have something icy! the other thing is oranges or clementimes, I can happily eat 5 or 6 in one sitting!
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Girls Jesus I'm the exact same with the ice! I swear I can't go a few hours without crunching on a glass of it! Just plain ice, we don't have an ice machine so we have bags of it taking over the freezer!!! I have heard that it's from a lack of iron that pg woman craze ice...... Feck that, the iron supplement gives me headaches :o0
oirish Posts: 1541
I seem to go through phases of really liking a particular food and then just suddenly one day hating it !! Don't think i've had "cravings" of any strenght really ... I do get sudden longings for cake though. hmmm :o0
Poppit Posts: 2042
I had really bad orange cravings for about 5 or 6 weeks. I'd sit and eat a bag of oranges every night. Poor Hubby thought he's have to plant an orange tree in the garden :-8 Ended up in hospital and had to fast for 3 days incase i needed op, so couldn't eat my much loved oranges. When i was allowed to eat again, it didn't have the same affect. I still like them but.... These days its mint.... anything with mint; bars of chocolate, mint choc chip icecream, mint sweets, even mint sauce (with anything :-8) yesterday however, i had such a longing for cream eggs. I ate 5 in a row :-8 :eek I was disgusted with myself. Hubby was speechless. I told him it was babs :-8
july7812 Posts: 1787
[quote="Poppit":3dp73evr]yesterday however, i had such a longing for cream eggs. I ate 5 in a row :-8 :eek I was disgusted with myself. Hubby was speechless. I told him it was babs :-8[/quote:3dp73evr] :o0 :o0 Thats the joys of being pregnant - we can now put the blame elsewhere