Cravings??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Neadi* Posts: 1128
Can you get them very very early?? I'm craving lamb. badly. I dont even like lamb. I was at a wedding recently where the only choice was lamb and I ate it because I was starving, I thought it was alright but I wouldn't rush out to buy it again. Was here in work on friday and all I could think about was tearing the meat off the bone and stuffing my face with it !! tore around dunnes like a lunatic, eventually found frozen legs of lamb and nearly barfed cos they looked so gross. Still thinking about it constantly, was out last night with the folks and roast lamb was the special (roly's bistro - my new favourite place, wow!) but I ordered it to the shock of my mother who is forever trying to convert me and I swear it was the nicest meat I have ever tasted !!! I'd go back tonight and eat a plate of nothing else only the roast lamb. I sure hope i'm pregnant or there's something funny wrong with me :lol:
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
I don't know how soon the 'cravings' are but i sure did have some when I was pregnant.. It was what first put the thought into my head... as when we were in Dubai (on honeymoon) i got this mad notion to eat fresh pancakes for breakfast.. now this is weird 'cuase I'm a veggie and don't eat eggs either.. but i had one and would wake during the night starving for them.. I used to be the first at breakfast i.e. 5.30am every morning just to get the pancakes... I have to admit that i finally got wise towards the last few days in that i ordered extra, wrapped them in napkins and put them in my bag to nibble on for the rest of the day... (oh the embarassment for admitting that!!!) MTW xo
Ducky Posts: 2506
Yes, you can get them very early...I reckon you can anyway. I went mad for M&S couscous with roasted vegetables for about a week. I ate two pots of it every night. Now I like cous cous, but not that much... I also went mad for fish and had to have it every night - all before the BFP. Went right off red meat until three days ago and now am mad for beef again. So mad!
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i'm gone mad on rashers sambos to day will be 4th day in a row having one (well 2) for lunch!
Mrs Neadi* Posts: 1128
I went to 3 carvery restaurants at lunch yesterday looking for roast lamb. I'm sure this month i'm not pregnant - but I live in hope that I haven't lost my mind :lol:
Ducky Posts: 2506
Get used to it. I've felt like I am going mad for months, must be a motherhood preparation hormone or something!
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289