Cream Cream

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrstobe10 Posts: 1793
Hi Need help - everything in my apt seems to be cream - I have a cream couch, cream blinds, cream walls, walnut floors, walnut table, brown leather chairs - I need to get some curtains, light shade and cushions - anyone got any ideas... having a new years dinner party so need to get them all tomorrow really :eek :eek :eek
Daisy Doo Posts: 1091
What about a dark colour like deep red for the cushions? You could also get a dark brown/red lampshade? Dunnes had a nice selection as did Next. Or you could try TK maxx. We have a lot of cream too, but we felt it was the best option as you can change your accessories to change the look and feel of the room! It's easier to change the cushions etc then to paint the room! Good luck with the search!
ozypozy Posts: 2950
I LOVE walnut floors, lucky you! Think teracotta or burnt orange would be nice with the cream as well........
walnut floors Think il get the cream curtains - they are for show really and then get colour with the light shade and get extra large cushions - will hit tx maxx - will see if i can get a picture of something to match???? i offered everyone to come around to mine for new years - Im dyn with a cold and the place is a wreck :( why o why did i do this....
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
It sounds fab! You can co-ordinate so many colours in with cream...deep reds, rich greens, browns...oh I'm so jealous of the walnut floors!!!
Anyone want to call around and clean my home?? Mess, boxes, washed clothes, bags and wires seem to be everywhere.. Are couch throws the same as the bed ones??? I hate being sick - everything seems to be a huge hassle.... :o(
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
a dark red or brown cushions or curtains would go well with the cream!! thats what we've done - the walls and couches are cream - the cushions and curtains are a dark chocolate brown *)
its brown(ish) and cream now!
Irish07 Posts: 725
My sitting room actually most of my house is decorated in a white-ivory colour. I have lifted most of the rooms with art --- oil on canvas. I have a 4 piece amber sunset design on the sitting room which everyone comments on when they enter the room - it really gives the room a warm cosy feeling. I have a lilly theme in the hall and the one of the guest bedroom ... My H2B is an artist so it's great to get him to design art for the house etc PM me if you are interested in getting art at a discount as a fellow WOL :-)