Menu

Creche Food

Go to Mums & Kids

Half Pint
New Wolly

Creche Food

Postby Half Pint » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 pm

Hello
I'm really happy with my child's creche with the exception of one thing...the food. He gets (what I would classify as) terrible food and comes home really hungry in the evenings. Examples of the food he gets are waffles, burgers, hot dogs (which really shocked me), chicken goujons etc. Some days there are normal meals like spag bol but I just don't think there is any need to feed pre-schoolers junk food on a daily basis.
It's a small creche and I'm sure money is tight but a pot of stew or soup can be made for next to nothing and fairly quickly in my experience. The owners work in the creche and are responsible for the cooking and I really don't want to get on their bad side. Any advice on how to deal with this or if this is normal in other creches?
Thx.

galwaygirl2010
Woloholic

Re: Creche Food

Postby galwaygirl2010 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:17 pm

I don't really have any advice on how to deal with the crèche owners. But I wouldn't be too happy with that food being served daily to my 2. On an odd day maybe.

In my kids crèche they have stews, currys (turkey, chicken, beef etc), bologanaise, pasta etc, as well as soup, brown bread and toasted sandwitches and fruit / yoghurts for snacks. Breakfast is cereal / porridge/toast. But then they do have a chef in the crèche, although its not a huge crèche.

Does the crèche have a food menu / plan? Ours does and its given to the parents when they start. They basically set out the daily food plan for a month and then its repeated monthly.

Could you ask them if they have any alternatives available saying the food doesn't always agree with him or something like that?

Peaches and Cream
Mini Wolly

Re: Creche Food

Postby Peaches and Cream » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi,
The nutrition of the food would be covered by the Public Health Nurse in Tusla. I would definately call them and report it.
That sounds awful and also very unusual, Creches usually do healthy foods.
Good Luck,
P&C

Go to Mums & Kids