Creches - is there a list of them anywhere?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chigli Posts: 266
Just started doing my creche search & trying to find a definitive list in my area, however, there doesn't seem to be a complete list anywhere. I checked the HSE website but its not there. Checked the golden pages - not there either. I know there are some nearby but not sure of the names but the addresses definitely don't appear in any of the searches I am doing! All I want is a complete list of creches & their numbers so I can start making enquiries - I would have thought that there had to be complete list somewhere! If anyone can recommend any good ones in the Dundrum/Ballinteer area - I would really appreciate it Thanks
WinterGal Posts: 835
I just googled creche and the name of my area and like you said I couldn't get a complete listing but I put one together myself from loads of different sites including the golden pages. Tomorrow's Irish Independent is including a supplement on childcare in Ireland. Hopefully it'll be good as I've yet to find somewhere also.
WinterGal Posts: 835
I just googled creche and the name of my area and like you said I couldn't get a complete listing but I put one together myself from loads of different sites including the golden pages. Tomorrow's Irish Independent is including a supplement on childcare in Ireland. Hopefully it'll be good as I've yet to find somewhere also.
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
They have to be registered so there is normally a list available from your council i.e a list of chilminders, creches etc I know I got one before but it was years ago try give them a call
theoracle Posts: 7664
Try www.childcare.ie I *think* they have a list.
minnielulu Posts: 358
All creches and pre-schools must be registered with the HSE. Click on the link below and it will give you a list by County. They are just done in alphabetical order then by the creche name so it might be easier to choose the "Find your pre-school officer" link and call them and have them send you a list just for your area.
minnielulu Posts: 358
Oops sorry forgot the link :o0 http://www.hse.ie/eng/Find_a_Service/Ch ... ounty.html
chigli Posts: 266
Thanks for that lu-lu - that gives me somewhere to start looking!