Creches + Prices - Dublin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Abimum2011 Posts: 338
Hi, I am due in 2 months and was wondering about a couple of things: When do you start looking at creches? Can anyone reccomend some creches in the firhouse, knocklyon, Dublin 24 area ore even Dublin 8 as DH works in that area? What is the average price for these areas for 3 days or 5 days? Thanks
anyone?
jan8 Posts: 554
you need to go looking when baby is v small - as early as possible really! - as places get booked out for the following year/term. think full time ranges from 800 - 1100.
Thanks Jan8. Thought it would be about that price alright for 5 days. Might start looking now so just to get the ball rolling.
Lily K Posts: 643
Hey there, this was a thread over on mums & kids a few weeks back... you might find it helpful viewtopic.php?f=29&t=321767&p=3481820&hilit=dublin+creche+prices#p3481820 Lily K
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
I had DS booked in 7 months before he was due to start, now I have DS and new baby booked in for Sept 2012 so as early as possible. We pay €1000 for 5 days
gopro Posts: 1801
casa children's acdemey in firhouse is meant to be excellent
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
For an under 1 the usual price is about €950
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
Places I really like/have friend who really like: Bright Horizons in Citywest Rainbows Daycare Rathfornham Chuckleberries across from Hunterswood Places Id avoid like the plague: Wombles in D24 Cocoon in Kiltipper Giraffe in ParkWest
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
Also, my DD is fulltime in creche near the area you are looking. Its supposed to be €1100 per month, but we got a month free so its €1020. other creches are less, but you need to ask yourself if you are getting what you pay for - and from the creches Ive visited I definitely think thats the case.