Credit Card Balance.... help put my mind at ease!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jarashow Posts: 3083
I know this is a nosey question, but really it's an effort to make me feel not so bad :-8 You don't have to comment as it's unfair for people to put themselves out there.... but if you could tick an option it would be great !
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
well my card is 3500 on it but in fairness 1140 is from h2b so i dont really owe all that
gerbil Posts: 3528
mine has a fair bit on it still despite paying a chunk off but it's wedding stuff so i consider it Not My Fault (TM)
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
well over 4k :o(
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
around €320 im a good girl!
smartie pants Posts: 842
[quote="gerbil":lh5zfau5]mine has a fair bit on it still despite paying a chunk off but it's wedding stuff so i consider it Not My Fault (TM)[/quote:lh5zfau5] Ditto! Well, wedding stuff and shoes - so it's about 50% my fault!
Thanks so much ladies for sharing.... making me feel better already. I wouldn't say mine is vast, should be well able to get it down if I buck up for a few months, but nice to know there are other people in the same boat. On another note has anyone any good plans to get it down... other than the obvious doing without LOL
Yoda Posts: 3340
[quote="jarashow":2c36hsjw]Thanks so much ladies for sharing.... making me feel better already. I wouldn't say mine is vast, should be well able to get it down if I buck up for a few months, but nice to know there are other people in the same boat. On another note has anyone any good plans to get it down... other than the obvious doing without LOL[/quote:2c36hsjw] Have €246 to pay but I always pay my balance every month Don't pay interest on my credit card Get a credit union loan to pay off the balance less interest to pay :wv
[quote="AutumnWed":3fzl0x6u][quote="jarashow":3fzl0x6u]Thanks so much ladies for sharing.... making me feel better already. I wouldn't say mine is vast, should be well able to get it down if I buck up for a few months, but nice to know there are other people in the same boat. On another note has anyone any good plans to get it down... other than the obvious doing without LOL[/quote:3fzl0x6u] Have €246 to pay but I always pay my balance every month Don't pay interest on my credit card Get a credit union loan to pay off the balance less interest to pay :wv[/quote:3fzl0x6u] hmmm getting one of those for the honeymoon... guess I will just have to buck up and do without till Christmas !! Such is life
happywife Posts: 1575
there are one of two things you could do - transfer a balance to new card provider with 0/low interest on balance transfers that way the money you pay off will be on what you owe and wont be just loads of interest - or get a short term personal loan much lower insterest and the payment will be regular by dd - you could get a low limit then of €500-€1,000 for emergencies if you cant live without it - they are handy for bookings hols/tickets and stuff HTH Was listening to a guy ona money programme and apparently if you only pay min payment you could be paying credit card for as long as your mortgage - scary - they are the work of the devil - >:o) got to love them though :o0