Credit unions......so annoyed!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

missengaged Posts: 175
I applied for a small loan which I needed for this afternoon, and put in my application earlier in the week over the phone, which I was told by the manager was fine. Anyhow rang up this morning and was told the loan wasn't approved as I needed to fill in the application form myself in person!!! Couldn't believe it, I explained the manager told me it was ok and asked why didn't they ring me if I needed to do it in person, I could easily have gone in, and all I got was 'it wasn't me so I can't comment, the manager is on holiday", not even an apology, so bloody annoyed at them, they're so fecking unprofessional sometimes! Rant over! O:|
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
Oh God how annoying! I opened a CU account yesterday so we can get saving and have it as back up for loans if needed along the way - I'll remember to go in and do it myself if I need to! Hope it didnt ruin your plans for anything? >:o(
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
god how annoying. The cr union have got very sticky with their loans. You would think they would make an exception seeing as you have previously discussed it with the manager. Id be raging >:o( As michelle said hope your plans aren't spoiled
I did really need it for today, not sure what I'm going to do now. If they had just given me an apology I wouldn't have been so annoyed but they wouldn't even accept responsibility for their mistake!
thats even more maddening when they dont even apologise and r basically rude. >:o( Is there anyone else u can borrow it off and then pay them back with the loan?
Possibly, but I'm just don't like borrowing off family or friends, would prefer to go to the CU or bank, but maybe not anymore!
madhairday Posts: 1116
of course you would have to go in in person, you would for a bank wouldn't you, it would leave loans open for fraud, cu employees could fill up a form in someone elses name. When were you going to sign the form then.
did you get sorted missengaged
Bugone - you sign the form and bring ID when collecting the cheque from the CU. And its the same with banks, you can do it online or over the phone through 24 hour banking, again you just call into a branch if approved to sign all the forms. Kind-of got sorted, the thing I needed it for I was able to push back till next week so hopefully get the loan sorted in the meantime.
MrsTwit Posts: 842
Ah that's good... Hope everything works out :wv